Plantar fasciitis

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anyone else suffered from it? It's come on the last 2-3 weeks and it bloody hurts. First few steps after getting up or sitting down for any time. Sore when I walk round a course and last few holes are not good. Just looking for some miracle cases of quick recovery.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I had it a while ago.

Felt stupid doing it, but kept a tennis ball handy and would roll it with the bottom of my foot whenever sat down. It feels uncomfortable. But it helped.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have been suffering with it for about 2 years now, every set of golf shoes I own I remove the souls and put these in (see picture)

They really help. I have a pair in every pair of shoes I own including my slippers.. gets rid of the pain

Attachments

• 3A16273E-6FA3-4EBA-9458-85834F84F3A9.png
    3A16273E-6FA3-4EBA-9458-85834F84F3A9.png
    603.8 KB · Views: 37

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had it a while ago.

Felt stupid doing it, but kept a tennis ball handy and would roll it with the bottom of my foot whenever sat down. It feels uncomfortable. But it helped.

Even better get one of the spiky tennis ball sized onEs
Roll it under your feet, and then (or maybe before) roll it over your scalp

Apparently this has something to do with mobilising the nerves

I find it really useful to do first thing in the morning when I’m getting up, so I have it just by the bed

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hugely common. Do the stretching exercises and you should be okay. Mine went as quickly as it came after 2-3 weeks, unlike other muscle issues I can't get rid of.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are you sure of the diagnosis?

I thought I had it did every exercise in the book.
Had to crawl to bathroom in the morning.
Went to a Podiatrist she said it’s NOT PF but because I cycle a lot my calves were so strong they were overpowering my Achilles’ tendon and pulling the tendons under my foot.
Go see a podiatrist best £35 I ever spent.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had it for about a year and a bit. Eventually worked out it started after a couple of new pairs of shoes and would be aggravated after each game of golf. Changed my Footjoy shoes for Ecco and the problem has gone away completely.

OOB

Medal Winner
Visit site
Had it for 2 years 7/8 years ago, having tried everything I could google, my gp gave me an agonising steroid injection and cured it in days.

It’s now back on the other foot. Gp pending.

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anyone else suffered from it? It's come on the last 2-3 weeks and it bloody hurts. First few steps after getting up or sitting down for any time. Sore when I walk round a course and last few holes are not good. Just looking for some miracle cases of quick recovery.

Check out a UFC fighter called Dominick Cruz, he has suffered from this for a few years he may have some hints and tips for you

Wolf

Visit site
Planter is actually more common in females than makes.

Very true get lots of ladies asking questions about this at work.

Are you sure of the diagnosis?

I thought I had it did every exercise in the book.
Had to crawl to bathroom in the morning.
Went to a Podiatrist she said it’s NOT PF but because I cycle a lot my calves were so strong they were overpowering my Achilles’ tendon and pulling the tendons under my foot.
Go see a podiatrist best £35 I ever spent.

Again this is a possibility, especially common in cyclingwhere the Achillesis constantly being shorted to allowed for the Calves to provide drive down through pedals, so if you do cycle and are suffering PF it's worth getting and assessment to see if it's actually something like this instead.

Even better get one of the spiky tennis ball sized onEs
Roll it under your feet, and then (or maybe before) roll it over your scalp

Apparently this has something to do with mobilising the nerves
This is exactly what you need, and the reasoning is spot. The spiky ball will allow you to release pressure in the tendons and nerve endings. Follow this up by rolling it on the calves to and then do some calve stretches..

PF more commonly known as policeman heel is common, also look at the inners of your shoes and see if they're right for you

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thank you to each and every one of you for the comments. Working on the bottle exercise now until I get myself a tennis ball.

This is truly what this forum is best for - help and advice for other golfers.
Now it's absolutely pizzing down outside - anyone got any cures for that? :)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Thank you to each and every one of you for the comments. Working on the bottle exercise now until I get myself a tennis ball.

This is truly what this forum is best for - help and advice for other golfers.
Now it's absolutely pizzing down outside - anyone got any cures for that? :)

DIY!

Certainly gets me out in all weather's!!!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have suffered with it for over 30 years off and on.
The main thing is to get a correct diagnosis.

My company took a bit of the liabilty for me getting it and paid for me to see a podiatrist. He diagnosed the cause and built me special orthotics for all my shoes. Within a reasonable amount of time the problems subsided a lot and the last podiatrist I saw said I could stop wearing them as long as I always wore shoes with very good arch support and shock absorbing soles.

PS What I was once putting down to PF turned out to be gout.