Plantar fasciitis

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I started with this around June 2017 and suffered with it for almost a year - I can't say that I am completely done with it, as I get a reminder every now and again, but the worst is over for now - I hope! I began with it in one foot first, but then both soon after.

The things that helped the most were the shoe inserts with arch supports and gel pads on the heels and a pair of support socks that you wear at night. I also bought a good pair of walking shoes with proper arch supports last Xmas which seemed to hurry on the improvement. Don't bother buying the cheap stuff, get the proper kit.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good point - this issue also makes you forgetful ….. Have tried all four ideas, inserts for shoes, not carrying my clubs, anti-inflammatories and rolling a frozen bottle under my foot. Definitely having an effect so there's a beer waiting for you in thanks for sure! I also told Mrs Shark that kinky sex helps as well but she said she was already getting that.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Good point - this issue also makes you forgetful ….. Have tried all four ideas, inserts for shoes, not carrying my clubs, anti-inflammatories and rolling a frozen bottle under my foot. Definitely having an effect so there's a beer waiting for you in thanks for sure! I also told Mrs Shark that kinky sex helps as well but she said she was already getting that.

Hi, lovely house you've got 😁😁

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Are you sure of the diagnosis?

I thought I had it did every exercise in the book.
Had to crawl to bathroom in the morning.
Went to a Podiatrist she said it’s NOT PF but because I cycle a lot my calves were so strong they were overpowering my Achilles’ tendon and pulling the tendons under my foot.
Go see a podiatrist best £35 I ever spent.

Wow, I think this could be what I'm suffering with.

For the last 5/6 years I've had excruciating pain in both of my heels but for as long as I can remember, I've had seriously tight calf muscles. In my heyday I used to play football 5 times a week plus I'm a postman so my body took a serious pounding.

Now I play golf instead of football but I'm still a postie. I've just always assumed it's PF and I've had £200 custom orthotics made up, various other treatments, etc, etc, but still suffer badly with it. Might have to go and see a proper podiatrist.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wow, I think this could be what I'm suffering with.

For the last 5/6 years I've had excruciating pain in both of my heels but for as long as I can remember, I've had seriously tight calf muscles. In my heyday I used to play football 5 times a week plus I'm a postman so my body took a serious pounding.

Now I play golf instead of football but I'm still a postie. I've just always assumed it's PF and I've had £200 custom orthotics made up, various other treatments, etc, etc, but still suffer badly with it. Might have to go and see a proper podiatrist.
You sound exactly like me , I put up with it for to long and should have got help sooner.

D

Deleted member 16999

Anyone else suffered from it? It's come on the last 2-3 weeks and it bloody hurts. First few steps after getting up or sitting down for any time. Sore when I walk round a course and last few holes are not good. Just looking for some miracle cases of quick recovery.
Rather than start a new thread.

How is this going for you? Have you tried any of the advice?

I had Cortesone Injections today for it in my right foot and looking to try and avoid it in the future as the injections were not nice.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hanging in there Paul - tried all the standard options and a few unorthodox ones (more alcohol, less sex, more sex, kinky sex). It comes and goes. I managed to play 36 holes yesterday for the first time in eight months and will try that again later in the week.

This is what this forum is all about - golfers helping other golfers out. And long may it continue.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hanging in there Paul - tried all the standard options and a few unorthodox ones (more alcohol, less sex, more sex, kinky sex). It comes and goes. I managed to play 36 holes yesterday for the first time in eight months and will try that again later in the week.

This is what this forum is all about - golfers helping other golfers out. And long may it continue.

Recently I’ve stumbled across something that really helps on the course without realising

I switched from lace to boa shoes , combined with my insoles in the shoes they hold the foot in the same position on the insole for the entire round so I’ve had zero pain on the course

If only they made boa work shoes lol

HairyBullet

Visit site
Once suffered with it for a while(approx. 18 months) and tried all sorts,in the end I saw a decent physiotherapist who said it was tight hamstrings and calves she gave me various exercises to do and it eased off within a couple of weeks and its not bothered me since,terribly painful at times though.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Recently I’ve stumbled across something that really helps on the course without realising

I switched from lace to boa shoes , combined with my insoles in the shoes they hold the foot in the same position on the insole for the entire round so I’ve had zero pain on the course

That’s interesting as I do find my laces do get looser as the round ads up .
I end up retying them couple of times.
What shoes you wearing out of interest.

D

Deleted member 16999

I wear Boa’s all the time mate, so unless they’ve delayed me getting it I don’t know.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Google BOA lacing system work shoes there’s lots.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s interesting as I do find my laces do get looser as the round ads up .
I end up retying them couple of times.
What shoes you wearing out of interest.

Since the winter kicked in I’ve been wearing Nike lunar command 2 boa

I have purchased two more pair of boas , puma ones and under armour ones I’ve been that impressed