Pitch and Putt

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Took my mother out to have a try at golf for the first time in her life (save seaside crazy golf) and went to a local pitch and putt which is attached to a larger course.

The main course was in good nick and the greens playable, but when we were on the pitch and Putt my god it was shambolic, Tees were covered in goose poop, the greens were not terrible!

Now don't get me wrong I know it's pitch and putt, but I thought it was lazy for a club to have the facility and not look after it? I'm not saying give it the same dedication as the main course but why not give it a little love?

Does anyone know of a Pitch and Putt in good condition? I use them for short game when I take the kids out to have a knock but I'd love to at least putt on a smoothish surface.

Hackers76

Visit site
Where are you based?
I am assuming you are looking for recommendations.

I live close to Wolverhampton and the 3 Hammers is a superb 18 hole pitch and putt. Probably don’t play it enough considering the quality

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It wasn't my intention to have a recommendation, I was just interested to see if a well maintained P&P existed. That said if there was a good one near to me I'd go a lot more

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A 9 hole course near me opened a few years ago attached to the 27 hole (only 9 open atm) inland links style course

It’s a 9 hole mini links. It’s excellent.. holes range from 60-130 yards.. is maintained as well as the course itself

Wolf

Visit site
Kent, Near Maidstone/Ashford
Where in Maidstone/Ashford are, I can't think of a course that has pitch and putt attached 🤔
But would be interested to know as be good take kids somewhere when I'm back down visiting family next month.

As for decent pitch and putt in the area, Snodhurst bottom (waterworks Hill) in Chatham isn't to bad to be fair, used to also be a pretty good one at the Strand in Gillingham but not sure about that one now. Also pretty sure Mote Park still has one but again don't know the quality of it.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where in Maidstone/Ashford are, I can't think of a course that has pitch and putt attached 🤔
But would be interested to know as be good take kids somewhere when I'm back down visiting family next month.

As for decent pitch and putt in the area, Snodhurst bottom (waterworks Hill) in Chatham isn't to bad to be fair, used to also be a pretty good one at the Strand in Gillingham but not sure about that one now. Also pretty sure Mote Park still has one but again don't know the quality of it.
The Strand p&p has I think been left to rot. It used to be a nice little 18 hole, then they turned it into a 9 hole with bigger greens and obviously longer holes, but every time I see it it looks dead and unused. Snodhurst bottom is/was a good 18 hole p&p, but I hear thats also closing if not already (good ole Medway council) Shame because Snodhurst Bottom was on the National p&p comp.
Pedham Place (Swanly) has a 9 hole short course (whilst it's still there) There also Lullingstone, apart from the long 18, they have a very nice shortish 9 hole, although not realy p&p. I think there's also one at Thong Lane driving range (Gravesend). I think Upchurch might have one as well, they defo have a short 9.
It is a shame these p&p's are going, as they do provide a valueable insight into the game. I know thats how I got the bug, many a Sunday morning or afternoon at Deangate Ridge or the Strand.

Wolf

Visit site
The Strand p&p has I think been left to rot. It used to be a nice little 18 hole, then they turned it into a 9 hole with bigger greens and obviously longer holes, but every time I see it it looks dead and unused. Snodhurst bottom is/was a good 18 hole p&p, but I hear thats also closing if not already (good ole Medway council) Shame because Snodhurst Bottom was on the National p&p comp.
Pedham Place (Swanly) has a 9 hole short course (whilst it's still there) There also Lullingstone, apart from the long 18, they have a very nice shortish 9 hole, although not realy p&p. I think there's also one at Thong Lane driving range (Gravesend). I think Upchurch might have one as well, they defo have a short 9.
It is a shame these p&p's are going, as they do provide a valueable insight into the game. I know thats how I got the bug, many a Sunday morning or afternoon at Deangate Ridge or the Strand.
Not a surprise about the strand at all, spent many a sunny afternoon as kid. Shame about Snodhurst bottom though, was literally down the hill from my school, used to go there a lot. In the afternoons with mates when we had an early Wednesday finish, my schools gone now and looks like our old haunt is going now to then.

What with Deangate going as well its seems Medway Council are doing their best to take away a lot of accessibility to low cost golfing. Used to enjoy playing there would always put a really good score together for the first 16 holes then that par 3 17th would raise its head..

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not a surprise about the strand at all, spent many a sunny afternoon as kid. Shame about Snodhurst bottom though, was literally down the hill from my school, used to go there a lot. In the afternoons with mates when we had an early Wednesday finish, my schools gone now and looks like our old haunt is going now to then.

What with Deangate going as well its seems Medway Council are doing their best to take away a lot of accessibility to low cost golfing. Used to enjoy playing there would always put a really good score together for the first 16 holes then that par 3 17th would raise its head..
Was that Chatham South you went to?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was at your neighbours;)
Was there when they changed the name from Chatham Tech...a sad day. We had the best engineering workshops you could dream of:)

Remember the snowball fights at lunch times on the side when we were lucky enogh to have snow back then (as well as the big fights with Luton)

Wolf

Visit site
I was at your neighbours;)
Was there when they changed the name from Chatham Tech...a sad day. We had the best engineering workshops you could dream of:)

Remember the snowball fights at lunch times on the side when we were lucky enogh to have snow back then (as well as the big fights with Luton)
Ahh so you were one of the intelligent ones then unlike our Zoo 😂

I remember those snowball fights between the blocks where you could get at each other. The biggest issue either school had was the Red Gras used for hockey that stuff was lethal.

We had some big scraps with Fort Luton as well. The bit made me laugh was the Mace store by Chatham Grove that had the signs up only 2 school kids allowed at one time, that was near in impossible with 4 schools within a 5minute stroll they never managed to police it 😂

user104

Visit site
King George V playing fields P&P Mansfield .
Kept in good condtion ,hopefully the district council will keep it that way cos dur to cut backs ,you just dont know

Its £4 for 18 holes........ longest 125yds shortest 58

i Love it :)

i even use a chipper on it :LOL::LOL:

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
My home club has a 9 hole pitch and putt called the water garden and it’s seriously tough (clue is in the name).
Greens are kept to a good standard too

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Downshire, a local council run P&P has a 9 hole pitch and putt attached. Tees are off mats but the greens and bunkers are usually kept reasonably well. Not as well maintained as the main course but perfectly functional for juniors and newbies. The best one I played (going way back) was the one at Sandown Park. There use to be a great little pitch and putt in a local park when I was growing up. Great for us kids to sneak onto and play. We didn't care about condition.

D

Deleted member 21258

Played a number over the years like at Sheerness, Belfairs, Meole Brace, a place near Barmouth(maybe fairbourne iirc), and quite a few when on holiday when the family didn't play and we happened to walk or drive past a place (often near the seaside).

Don't really remember any of them being in great condition or exciting but they were what they were and were all good fun.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
One at my home club is decent enough, 9 hole - all par 3s. For a time I had a membership purely for that as I used to be a postie and could get round it in 40/50 minutes after work and still be home to pick the kids up. Actually made a huge improvement on my short game as well.