PINS System

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
That's why for the winter I use DryJoys with Pro Stinger spikes with the Fast Twitter System. I guess it's built on demand in the US where there is very little metal spike use.
Our course is quite hilly so can be slippery in the winter and the club has no issues with using them.
I've actually found that Masters do a metal hybrid spike in PINS
Masters Ultra Grip Pro 1

Last edited:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I have two pairs of Adidas Tour 360 that use the THiNTech PINS cleats. No problems with the original ones other than wear and tear. I bought replacements on ebay, Adidas branded from China (click this link) :eek: - pennies in comparison.

I replaced the whole set on both shoes (changed the cleat colour and my OCD doesn't allow for mixed cleats colours:p) last winter. They have been just as good wear wise, although I did lose one last week, that's the first loss in nearly three seasons wearing them. You do need to double lock them when putting new ones in, they need to click twice when turning.

I've just bought a new set of Skechers spike shoes for next season, they also use the THiNTech PINS system.

I have no problems with this system, at least in my experience thus far.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
You do need to double lock them when putting new ones in, they need to click twice when turning.
I thought they had to click three times - ie. a quarter turn.

Anyhow, asked my club pro about them and he said that the PINS system is not suitable for metal spikes, only cleats.

I will probably try some of those hybrid cleat + spike ones that Robster59 pointed me at.