Returning to GM after a looooong time away

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
Good morning peeps,
After quite a long time I decided to return to the GM forum. I spend quite bit of time posting on another forum but its American so enough said:p (good forum, not enough Brits).

So i'm back but as i never really got going the first time, a little about myself.
Been playing golf for 7 years on and off (thanks to 2 kids under 7!) and about to hit the big 4-0 so fingers crossed more golf on the horizon.
I'd class myself as a pretty average golfer, I play for fun and dont take it too seriously (which is good with my skill level).

Up until last autumn I was really starting to improve until I ended up in hospital and diagnosed with Beurgers disease (form of kidney disease). 3 months later I was cleared to start golf again as my kidneys stabalised at 90% functionality (on meds and observation for life but a small price to pay). Found I could not swing like i used to, my 7 iron distance had dropped to 129 yards so a fitting for graphite and working on a smoother less violent swing regained the lost distance, ended up with Srixon Z155's for £279 fitted so silver linings and all that ;).

Anyway, looking forward to posting on this forum and getting to know everyone here.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good morning peeps,
After quite a long time I decided to return to the GM forum. I spend quite bit of time posting on another forum but its American so enough said:p (good forum, not enough Brits).

So i'm back but as i never really got going the first time, a little about myself.
Been playing golf for 7 years on and off (thanks to 2 kids under 7!) and about to hit the big 4-0 so fingers crossed more golf on the horizon.
I'd class myself as a pretty average golfer, I play for fun and dont take it too seriously (which is good with my skill level).

Up until last autumn I was really starting to improve until I ended up in hospital and diagnosed with Beurgers disease (form of kidney disease). 3 months later I was cleared to start golf again as my kidneys stabalised at 90% functionality (on meds and observation for life but a small price to pay). Found I could not swing like i used to, my 7 iron distance had dropped to 129 yards so a fitting for graphite and working on a smoother less violent swing regained the lost distance, ended up with Srixon Z155's for £279 fitted so silver linings and all that ;).

Anyway, looking forward to posting on this forum and getting to know everyone here.

Welcome back. Our local neighbourhood moderator Phil The Frag is the man to talk to about golf and kidney disease!