PING G30 range launched

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Did think the irons in particular look very similar to the G25. Not really in the market for anything new although no doubt I'll give the driver a whirl just to see what the heck a turbulator is and how it works for my swing

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The GM review was a good video,but the Bubba one was pure cheese. He always seems like he's trying too hard to be funny.
Think I prefer the G25 driver on looks alone.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Irons at ** £589........!!!

Think ping have lost it surely

The G25 irons, only £439
Can't see how they can justify increase like that

** though will they ever sell at this price ?

LinksTurf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I don't mind what any club looks like. I focus on the ball. I can't imagine a joiner refusing to choose the best hammer for the job because he didn't like the look. Nor would it be good practice for him to look at the hammer instead of the nail when engaged in his work! I'm very interested in the irons. The changes to the gapping in particular make a lot of sense to me.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched the videos on yourtube last night. Good honest reviews GM guys and interesting that they have two G30 driver heads.

tallpaul

Head Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to trying the driver with SF Tec - My trusty K15 features this and I cannot find a straighter driver for me. Sadly, I launch it very high and the spin is costing me distance. I've tried the G25 and although it's longer on the good hits, the bad ones are worse than my K15. Here's hoping the G30 is the best of both!

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking forward to trying the driver with SF Tec - My trusty K15 features this and I cannot find a straighter driver for me. Sadly, I launch it very high and the spin is costing me distance. I've tried the G25 and although it's longer on the good hits, the bad ones are worse than my K15. Here's hoping the G30 is the best of both!

So what exactly is the SF Tec? Weighting?

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rather than having the sole weight low, deep and central like the standard head, the Straight Flight Technology version puts the weight low, deep and slightly towards the heel to encourage a draw without the need to close the face, which many golfers don't like the look of.

Ahh cool ye, that's what I suspected. A much nicer solution than closing the face I think.