New Scotty Range

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
But people wouldn't buy a new putter if they couldn't kid themselves that there was some improvement over the one they have now, hence all the "tech" that's put in them now.......
It also makes it look like you're getting more for your money if the putter is made up from loads of pieces and different materials. :eek:

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
But people wouldn't buy a new putter if they couldn't kid themselves that there was some improvement over the one they have now, hence all the "tech" that's put in them now.......
It also makes it look like you're getting more for your money if the putter is made up from loads of pieces and different materials. :eek:

That's a good point but to be fair to all the manufacturers they need to keep come up with new ideas and models every 2 years and then the marketing people can put 'their spin' on why you need to buy them!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The new Odyssey Rossie putters are £349 which is a similar cost to Cameron's, so hardly a fraction of the practice. Will you get a 'better and more predictable roll' well very subjective but probably not.

I was thinking of a white hot pro for ~£80.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have been a Scotty fan ever since Ibought mine, but, could be swayed by these if they putt well..... These new Odyssey are very smart looking, perhaps they need thread of their own.

https://www.americangolf.co.uk/odyssey-strokelab
I like Odyssey, I use one myself, but they do seem to just keep re-releasing all the exact same putters again with tiny little design changes. The one I have was the 'works' range, then they replaced them with the 'O-works' range which were all the same putters but with a red scheme instead of blue. Now these are all the same designs again but with gold detailing - and an extra 100 quid on the price.

D

Deleted member 15344

I like Odyssey, I use one myself, but they do seem to just keep re-releasing all the exact same putters again with tiny little design changes. The one I have was the 'works' range, then they replaced them with the 'O-works' range which were all the same putters but with a red scheme instead of blue. Now these are all the same designs again but with gold detailing - and an extra 100 quid on the price.

They are a totally different shaft on them with them being half graphite and half steel - the heads are also made from a lighter material , they aren’t just “a different colour “

It’s the same with the new Scotty range - different materials

D

Deleted member 15344

I see we have another successful victim of marketing right here! :sneaky:

I’m not sure what you are talking about this time - I just gave you some “facts” about the putter - they do have a new type of shaft and they are built from lighter material to give someone a lighter putter if they wish - not sure why I’m a victim of marketing by giving you some facts ?