Ping G30. Happy days!!

Grantley1988

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have been battling my titleist driver since I started 18 months ago.
My game has improved quickly from never hitting a club to my 13 handicap that I am on now.

If I drove well I played well. Every pp I have played with mentioned that my driving was the weak part of my game and that I should get an easier club to use.

Being the tart I am 😀 I wanted to have a matching titleist set so dismissed getting a different driver.

I tried a friends g25 for a round and instantly felt more confident!

So today in the pro shop I bought the G30 having read great reviews. I'm glad I did!

I hit almost every fairway. Gained a noticeable amount of distance and my off centre strikes still went an impressive distance! I shot 76 today. +5 and a new PB 😀

If any one is thinking about the G30 please try it out! It really is a great driver!

macca64

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I tried out for 18 holes the other day, looking forward to it, but no different than my g20, bit disappointed, was looking forward to few extra yards,

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yet to try it (planned test session binned as I was swinging like king of the choppers). Once I get back into regular golf again I'll have a looksy. Lots of good reviews from those at the club that have hit it

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
tried it- quite liked it but seriously, those turbulators put me off, makes not one jot of difference to swing speed and carry was the same as my old ping rapture.

I dont believe theres any driver in the last 10 years that guarantees longer drives- they are all the same but forgiveness might differ, but not by much as they all have to adhere to the same rules:mmm:

Allanxyz

Head Pro
Visit site
I tried out for 18 holes the other day, looking forward to it, but no different than my g20, bit disappointed, was looking forward to few extra yards,

Having recently bought a G30 I've gained a bit of yardage over my G20 - although that might just be the honeymoon period... also seems a bit tighter on dispersion - could just be my perception though... Sensibly probably not worth an upgrade but just fancied treating myself..

D

Deleted member 15344

Gave it a go recently

Nowhere near the SLDR in pretty much all the numbers - carry , distance , launch angle , spin rate

Looks are ok

Allanxyz

Head Pro
Visit site
Tried the SLDR but didn't get much difference and the G30 just felt nicer... and a bit more forgiving... although that could just have been my preconceptions as I had read that the G30 should be more forgiving...also may have been that I was coming from a G20 it just felt more familiar..

Must say although I tried a couple at AG in my fitting... 'fitting' would be too strong a word for what they provided...

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tried the g30 at the the ping pro am. Gave me soooooo much spin i had to lean back just before impact to stop it going up my nose