Picking daughter up from Heathrow Terminal 5

Kennysarmy

Visit site
In a couple of weeks I have to collect my daughter from Heathrow Terminal 5 at about 10.30pm one evening.

Any tips?

Never been to the airport before and don't want to be stung for huge parking charges if necessary!

She's been travelling light and will just have a back-pack.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't know about Heathrow but at Stansted there is a charge to pick up from outside the terminal building. In the mid stay car park there is free drop off and pick up and it's only about a 5 minute (free) bus ride from the terminal so this afternoon I'll just get the bus out to the car park and get picked up from there. Heathrow might operate a similar policy but I'm not sure.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I virtually live in Heathrow T5, there is no official pickup parking which is free. you will have to pay short stay, but Its proper easy, probably the best airport terminal for drop off and pickup.

Although if you know exactly when landing, i would loiter somewhere around the heathrow complex and get your daughter to text or call you when she has collected her luggage and collect her from the drop off on the top deck of the parking. This is officially not allowed, but at 10:30PM you will be fine, i wouldn't wait longer than 5 minutes up there though.

EDIT- Just saw she is travelling with no luggage, so get her to text when she gets through passport control. She will be about 5-10 minutes to the car park from there.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I virtually live in Heathrow T5, there is no official pickup parking which is free. you will have to pay short stay, but Its proper easy, probably the best airport terminal for drop off and pickup.

Although if you know exactly when landing, i would loiter somewhere around the heathrow complex and get your daughter to text or call you when she has collected her luggage and collect her from the drop off on the top deck of the parking. This is officially not allowed, but at 10:30PM you will be fine, i wouldn't wait longer than 5 minutes up there though.

EDIT- Just saw she is travelling with no luggage, so get her to text when she gets through passport control. She will be about 5-10 minutes to the car park from there.

Thanks...

Is "the drop off on the top deck of the parking" - easily found? signposted?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Is it viable to park their or is it a trek to the terminal?

Parking prices
Drive-up prices
First day: £29.50
0-2 hours: Free
Each additional 24-hour period or part thereof: £23.50

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it viable to park their or is it a trek to the terminal?

Parking prices
Drive-up prices
First day: £29.50
0-2 hours: Free
Each additional 24-hour period or part thereof: £23.50

I'm pretty sure, (read 100% sure!) it is not free at the short stay! not sure where the above came from. The short stay is connected to the terminal building and is i think about a fiver for under 30 minutes. about 7-8 quid for an hour...

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I'm pretty sure, (read 100% sure!) it is not free at the short stay! not sure where the above came from. The short stay is connected to the terminal building and is i think about a fiver for under 30 minutes. about 7-8 quid for an hour...

Sorry that's the long stay rates

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
There was a piece on the news yesterday. Some coppers pulled up a car at Manchester on the motorway. They were picking up people from the airport and rather than pay they waited on the hard shoulder. Car parking drop off pick up charges are a disgrace at east midlands, etc etc.

D

Deleted Member 1156

There was a piece on the news yesterday. Some coppers pulled up a car at Manchester on the motorway. They were picking up people from the airport and rather than pay they waited on the hard shoulder. Car parking drop off pick up charges are a disgrace at east midlands, etc etc.
And they weren't the brightest bulbs in the chandelier. Car was uninsured and had illegal number plates so you think they wouldn't draw any unwanted attention from the rozzers. Car has been impounded. Muppets :rolleyes:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
And they weren't the brightest bulbs in the chandelier. Car was uninsured and had illegal number plates so you think they wouldn't draw any unwanted attention from the rozzers. Car has been impounded. Muppets :rolleyes:

😂😂😂 that bit i didnt know. Typical Mancs 🤔