Petition to save a course golf mates.

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
Evening All. I saw this petition after watching a you tube Video from the Golf Mates. If you can please go and watch it and get an idea how senseless this is and then hopefully as we are all golfers at heart and we look after our own you will sign the petition. By the way I don’t play here never have, but have subscribed to the golf mates and they do so much good. If enough of us sign this we may just make a difference,
thanks for your time.

https://www.change.org/p/derby-city-council-save-allestree-park-golf-course

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for sharing - I watched the video last night and I've now signed it. It's almost at 10,000 names, but I have no idea what good it will do really. You can't force them to change their decision no matter how many e-signatures you have.

Sort of reminds me of the council-run course where I've played for the last four years. I think if it wasn't on protected land they'd happily flog it to build flats, the council don't give a toss. They took all honours boards down and got rid of them from the clubhouse because they thought they'd have more chance of hiring out the clubhouse as an events venue - then several months later the catering contract expired, so they had no food or drink anyway - it's been that way for two years. The fairways dried out a couple of years ago too as they claimed they had trouble getting water for irrigation - they were only just starting to recover last year. I feel sorry for the club who are just based there as they've lost so many members now thanks to the council not caring about the course.

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
Thanks for sharing - I watched the video last night and I've now signed it. It's almost at 10,000 names, but I have no idea what good it will do really. You can't force them to change their decision no matter how many e-signatures you have.

Sort of reminds me of the council-run course where I've played for the last four years. I think if it wasn't on protected land they'd happily flog it to build flats, the council don't give a toss. They took all honours boards down and got rid of them from the clubhouse because they thought they'd have more chance of hiring out the clubhouse as an events venue - then several months later the catering contract expired, so they had no food or drink anyway - it's been that way for two years. The fairways dried out a couple of years ago too as they claimed they had trouble getting water for irrigation - they were only just starting to recover last year. I feel sorry for the club who are just based there as they've lost so many members now thanks to the council not caring about the course.
Hi.
probably won’t do anything but at least we tried and made the council think. Thin end of a wedge in these strange times with local council cutbacks possible where ever.

sunshine

Visit site
16,000 rounds a year = approx 44 rounds a day. That's only 11 fourballs a day. The council can't justify maintaining a course that is used by so few people. It must be a poor course and located in the catchment area of much better courses. No commercial enterprise is going to take it on either.