Pencils - How do you mark your card?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I was fitted for a stiff shaft in my pencil, but it was a few years ago, so probably senior graphite now.

I don't like sharpening my pencil too much, as it can cause serious damage when you bend over to tee up.:eek:

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I'm horrified, erasers are a huge no-no

All errors should be neatly lined through once initialed and the correct score written beside it.

I'm going to take some time off the forum to calm down, gone bright red with rage reading about those abominations of scorecard keeping. I can't put in words how I feel right now.

The Rules do not require alterations to be initialled

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
it seems everybody has forgotten to mention the licence requirements for have sharp pencils over a certain size ,especially those containing a hard lead, and of course the training needed to wield such implements of such a degree of sharpness and hardness.
licences can be purchased after a qualification certificate has been earned.see your pro for more details.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
But it's good ettiquette and polite to those processing the card to be neat, clear and honest in presenting the scores

Are we saying that poor hand writing is now poor etiquette too?

Wow, another to add to the list with poker chip markers and lasers.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
IKEA pencil for my scorecard, bookies pen for scorecard when it gets wet plus quality pencil for doing sudoku while waiting for the group ahead to finally finish faffing about!

ChrisB0210

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I find IKEA to be an excellent source of golf specific writing implements, however their generosity was usurped by our Captain and Rabbit Captain who generously provided pencils as part of the goody bags given out on their respective comp days. I am officially 'pencilled up' for the foreseeable future, much to my relief...

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Our pro charges 10p per pencil. No freebies. Interestingly the lady captain offered the women a branded one (club name at least) with an eraser on the end. Nothing from our male counter-part. I have a decent supply from various means and have a stash in my locker and at home so no excuses for never finding one on the first tee

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
I have moved up to a black sharpie pen, not the small thick ones useful for ball marking, but a proper felt tip. Works well even when damp which is a major drawback with those pencils 😀

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I recently played Tudor Park and they give away Masters pencils with a rubber on the end so happy days.