Peleton.. training bikes

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm a fair weather ride so the Peloton is very useful. I want to get out more though so the increased bike fitness should help there. I've been thinking about joining a cycling club but not sure I can keep up...yet! Might all depend on what I do golf-wise as feel the need for something new to occupy me where golf is currently failing.
I'd join and give it a go. I know there are definitely benefits to indoor training and using these apps, but there is nothing like riding a bike with others, think how much better golf is with others. I really miss club rides and road racing in particular.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd join and give it a go. I know there are definitely benefits to indoor training and using these apps, but there is nothing like riding a bike with others, think how much better golf is with others. I really miss club rides and road racing in particular.

They do say they have a no drop policy and split club rides by abilities so I might try it.

jmcp

Visit site
How are people getting on with there Peletons / turbo trainers….
Im looking to get one to try and get my fitness levels back up, Ive never felt right since having COVID (twice) but hopefully I can start getting my cardiovascular levels up to something half decent.

I have To say, ours has been superb, widely used by myself, my daughter and my son. I even enjoy doing a lot of the stretching classes especially after a tough ride which is something I was normally poor at putting into my warm down routine. One last benefit, it’s a lot safer than outside riding as I found out to my cost about 7 weeks ago when I crashed on my mountain bike and had concussion for a few weeks along with some minor chest bone, collarbone and rib fractures ?

Cheers, John

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well I’ve went all in ??
Got a peloton + and a Merida road bike.
Ordered a pair of Giro shoes, tried a pair on at a local shop but managed to get them half price online.
Looking forward to trying to get a bit fitter as I’ve put on a few pounds since Lockdown 2 years ago ?

Nice! Today I went out on my road bike as the weather was perfect. If it rains tomorrow then it will be the Peloton. Good to have both.