Going to the Gym... over 40s

TerryA

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have my own Concept2 rowing machine. I use the rowpro software which, via wifi and computer, allows me to race against other people. A great motivator. I generally do 30 min races. Trying to do one each day.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Definitely starting to miss the gym and becoming a little bored with going out for a run. I have got some resistance bands, so looking to do a bit of body weight/strength stuff at home. I am struggling a little bit for ideas and exercises though....any of the experts in here got any tips?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I have started the plank challenge. Adding an extra 10 seconds each day for 30 days. One where you rest on your forearms. Skipped a couple of days and started on 30 seconds. Just done 1.10 today and not too bad, but doubt I will be able to do 5 minutes.:eek: Good exercise for me as it doesn't hurt my back.

On exercise bike managed to average 35km per hour over 30 minutes yesterday. Just under 22 miles per hour. Definitely getting fitter after health problems at Xmas.(y)
I have changed my plank exercises to quality rather than quantity !;) I am doing three, 3 minute planks a day, and two, 3 different planks over 4 minutes, with 15 seconds rest inbetween. Can definitely feel my back is getting stronger.(y)

Still do the exercise bike every day for 30 minutes, and overall feeling much fitter and stronger. Should have added at least 30 yards to my drives.(y):eek::)

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I set myself a target of running 50 miles in April, got 11 left to do, really helped with the motivation to get the trainers on and get out there. Makes a big difference in the afternoon when working from home, find I've got more energy after a lunchtime run.

I'm upping it to 75miles for May if anyone wants to join me.