How many clubs have you owned over the years – what happened to them?

Yosser

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Honestly mate there's not much wrong with them & if i hadnt won the comp on here i wouldnt be changing at all ..

It would worry me now changing the clubs I'm comfortable with. A Pro once said to me, "never get rid of a club you hit well" and its been in the back of my mind ever since. I know a bloke who used to use a fairway wood farther than his playing partners could hot their drivers. It was a lady's 4 Wood!!, unfortunately it was stolen from his car, he's tried other clubs since but has never achieved the same heights with them.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Simple for me really

Irons

1971 - mix of hickory shafted and 1940s steel shafted chocolate brown painted clubs
1976 - Macgregor Tourney
1985 - Wilson Staff Fluid Feel
2008 - John Letters F-7

Putters

1976 - John Letters Golden Goose Mallet
1986 - Titleist Acushnet Bulls Eye
2013 - Odyssey White Hot Pro #2 CS

Woods - a mish mash. No more than 10 in total over the period 1971-2013

And that's the lot - not that many for 42 years of golfing I suppose.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
As to what happened. The mish mash and woods I've retired are in my loft. The Tourneys went to a mate with the Golden Goose. The Wilson Staffs and the BullsEye are also retired and in the garage.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
It would worry me now changing the clubs I'm comfortable with. A Pro once said to me, "never get rid of a club you hit well" and its been in the back of my mind ever since. I know a bloke who used to use a fairway wood farther than his playing partners could hot their drivers. It was a lady's 4 Wood!!, unfortunately it was stolen from his car, he's tried other clubs since but has never achieved the same heights with them.

The mizzys wont be going anywhere until im comfortable with the new ones mate , Qualifiers will be over by time we get them so il have th 13 hole winter comps to break them in , hopefuly by the time March comes around again i will be comfortable with the new ones

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The mizzys wont be going anywhere until im comfortable with the new ones mate , Qualifiers will be over by time we get them so il have th 13 hole winter comps to break them in , hopefuly by the time March comes around again i will be comfortable with the new ones
I see a big cut there bladeplayer, in our HFH challenge, I'm currently off 6.5, so very close now. Yosser, where are you a member of?

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Here’s a list of my irons & drivers (the ones I can remember):

Irons

Tour model – not sure what model
Taylor Made LCG
Callaway X14’s
TaylorMade 320’s
Titleist DCI 981
Mizuno MP32
Mizuno MP52
Mizuno MP59 – current irons

Drivers – Here’s where it gets bad

Dunlop – not sure what model
Daiwa – not sure what model
Ram – not sure what model
Hippo Beast
King Cobra SS 380
Yonex
Mizuno MP600
Ping i15
TaylorMade Burner Bubble
TaylorMade Tour 360 Ti
TaylorMade R580
TaylorMade Tour Burner
Callaway Big Bertha
Callaway Great Big Bertha
Callaway Great Big Bertha with tour shaft
Callaway Biggest Big Bertha
Callaway Steelhead
Callaway Hawkeye
Callaway ERC
Callaway ERC 2
Callaway X460 Tour
Callaway FTi Tour
Titleist DCI Starship
Titleist 975D
Titleist 975J
Titleist 975JVS
Titleist 983E
Titleist 907D1
Titleist 907D2
Titleist 909DComp
Titleist 910D2
Titleist 913D2 – current driver

I don't have any of the old clubs anymore apart from the Daiwa driver & the Hippo driver, I should take them out one day for a laugh. All the others were sold to fund the next purchase. I dread to think how much money I have spent/wasted over the last 15 years I've been playing.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I see a big cut there bladeplayer, in our HFH challenge, I'm currently off 6.5, so very close now. Yosser, where are you a member of?
Yea the mizzys heard i was going Titleist and showed me what id be missing mate , 3 over par with a 8 on par 5 4th . out again tomorrow , i is coming after ya man :D

Yosser

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Birchwood, it's a great course but quite tough, and to be honest I'm really struggling there. Also I'm in alot of pain due to a bad hip and knee, so I'm not really enjoying it at the moment. So the chances are that I won't be there next season.

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Now that is ALOT of Drivers!! :D

What are your FIR figures like?

I know it's not a good thing, I always wanted the latest and greatest driver hence why I have had so many.

would say approx 60%, but mostly it's in play. I can honestly say that the current driver will be staying for some time now though. I feel really confident with it still and I've had it nearly a year which says a lot for me.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Birchwood, it's a great course but quite tough, and to be honest I'm really struggling there. Also I'm in alot of pain due to a bad hip and knee, so I'm not really enjoying it at the moment. So the chances are that I won't be there next season.

I thought you were from round here - get to one of the NW meets, you'll be most welcome.:thup: