Paulab

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone else received a message from Paulab regarding souviners from the masters?

She told me I have been chosen to receive them/some and that she had emailed me a few times but got no reply.

She asks for my home address so she can forward them to me but I am a little concerned as I dont know who Paulab is.

Is this for real?

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah I know, I think one of the ladies at the Office at Gm is called Paula but I checked her profile on here and she has no messages or registered email address

The message did say she resorted to the forum to contact me after getting no response from the emails but I aint had any.

I have emailed MikeH to see if he can confirm for me.

I hope its not a joke cause I would really love something from the masters!

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
was there not some souvenirs offered a prizes for questions posed when GM was out there doing the masters coverage?
hope your lucky!!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
ooo dear,I replied straight back with my address! I was on my way out earlier so I didn't even think about it I was in a hurry. I gave her my name as well. She said the exact same thing to me Tony. This better not be a hoax. Can any one from GM let me know if I am in danger!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, Neil and Luke did say they would send some things out for posters. I did contribute on a few occasions whilst they kept us updated.

I emailed Mike and got an autoreply saying he was away and to contact... Yes you got it. Paula Benn.

Emailed her directly so will see what she says!

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I got one too.

Sounded a bit sus. so I sent a reply e-mail directly to Paula at her IPC address.

I checked my inbox and had nothing from her apart an e-mail about the book club a few months ago.

The fact that a few of us have had one doesn't sound good does it?

(apologies to Paula at GM if we're wrong)

In the meantime suggest that no one sends their home address until it's cleared up one way or another.

bill

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
The reason I replied is that I had previously received emails from 'Paula benn' regarding GM stuff. Hopefully this is the genuine person, I do highly doubt it now though as she said the exact same thing to me and I was surprised at the time as I have not had any problem with receiving any other emails recently. This has actually quite annoyed me- What a mug I am!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just explained the lot to her IPC address and provided my address there. If It is true, she can send. If not am sure she will understand and would be glad we highlighted the fact this might be a hoax.

Fingers crossed

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Does anybody know how to check the content of messages i.e. their 'sent' file in the message page? All I can find is the incoming messages but cannot find a 'sent' link. Didn't send my address but want to check what else I might have said.

cheers,

Bill

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
guys out of interest if I have given some lowlife my details what can they actually do with it. I gave them my full name and home address. I am pretty worried now!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thinking about it not much really. I did think that and was going to reply anyway. But would rather wait.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was thinking about it and I might well be inline for some spam through my letter box lol, could they register me for anything that could prove legally binding- surely that would need a signature of some sort? I suppose some illegal immigrant could use my identity or something like that maybe. Also when someone registers to the forum they have to provide a valid email address so they can get a verification password don't they? Hopefully so as that makes the person somewhat traceable if necessary.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
did you give your name as well Homer, that sort of makes it worse and is what I am more worried about- because really my address would be available to anyone who wished to look at the name of every street in Cambridge. Thinking about it further though that is the exact info you get given in the yellow pages etc name and address so it can't be that valuable to people as they could look in there and find thousands, if it was dangerous for identity theft or something the yellow pages would surely be banned or something. I have emailed Mike and then following a message saying he is away Paula Benn (the real one) so if I hear anything I'll let you know straight away. I feel like a bit of a mug at the moment.

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Can't you get the same info from a phone book ? I don't see how revealing an address will lead to identity theft or spamming . Still , i never got the e-mail so its probaly genuine as i never win anything !!! :(

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Eagle dont worry, am sure its all ligit. Who would follow all the progress on here, make a note of all the posters on the masters blogs and then trouble us all for our address' and for what? I just didnt beleive I had won anything as I never win anythin and won something last month. It would make sense for Paula to join here to get hold of us all. Maybe she was in a rush when she signed up, thats why she aint included her email in her profile.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Um....hello?!

Does the email come from paula b at some email connected to GM?

I think it's highly unlikely if it has GM/IPC media in the address somewhere it's dodgy.