Paul Casey

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
What hole will he loose his lead tonight? I'm going for the 6th as Casey struggles to close a door these days never mind close out a tournament.

I actually quite like Casey and hope I'm wrong but can't see him winning and his record isn't good.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
unfortunately Casey is known for not finnishing well, but it wont stop me wanting him to spank the yanks .
fingers crossed that he can cross the line tonight .

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't know what it is about him but I just can't warm to him (I'm sure he's bothered.)

Exactly how I feel, no idea why, I just don't really like him. Even the thing he did with the colourblind kid (which was actually a nice touch) really aggravated me. Must be getting old and miserable already 🤦‍♂️

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My nephew hates him and plenty on here don't warm to him but I really find him one of the more entertaining players in interviews and seems to act in exactly the same relaxed manner when chatting with his caddy.

But not off camera!
I saw him at Wentworth during a practice round speak to Marshall's in such a way that I'm surprised he didn't get punched

Wolf

Visit site
No recall decent scores put there so far and with the harder back 9 to. Come if he can keep it around level par for the round can't see him being beaten

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Interesting isn't it on how we perceive stats. Appears that since 2010, players with a 1 shot lead after 54 holes on the PGA tour have won 30% of time (@JustinRayGolf).

I also saw this in an article in 2015:

Outright 54-hole leaders PGA Tour last two seasons

1-shot lead: 5 wins/16 attempts

2-shot lead: 4 wins/12 attempts

3-shot lead: 3 wins/7 attempts

4+ shot lead: 6 wins/7 attempts

So Casey is not seen as a closer but if he wins today that will be 2 out of 6 when leading after 3 rounds (although I'm guessing some are with more than 2 shot leads) which wouldn't be that far off the normal PGA player.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Interesting isn't it on how we perceive stats. Appears that since 2010, players with a 1 shot lead after 54 holes on the PGA tour have won 30% of time (@JustinRayGolf).

I also saw this in an article in 2015:

Outright 54-hole leaders PGA Tour last two seasons

1-shot lead: 5 wins/16 attempts

2-shot lead: 4 wins/12 attempts

3-shot lead: 3 wins/7 attempts

4+ shot lead: 6 wins/7 attempts

So Casey is not seen as a closer but if he wins today that will be 2 out of 6 when leading after 3 rounds (although I'm guessing some are with more than 2 shot leads) which wouldn't be that far off the normal PGA player.

I think it was last year that they showed Casey was i believe in the top 5 for score to par prior to the cut and then almost equally bad for the weekend. So whilst his conversion rate may not be as bad as it's made out. He also through away lots of other opportunities.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Before today Casey has won 2 of 250 PGA tour tournies, hardly prolific but better than 0/150 Louis and 0/200 Kokrak are!!! Just shows how hard it really is to win out there

Makes it even harder to believe DJ (20 of 250) was the one to really blow up today!

Also shows how weak stats can be when the sample size isnt big enough