Patrick Reed

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Seriously Phil??
Rory happened to make a similar error to Reed - it's evidenced in the thread - can't I compare the two without having an agenda?

How is it similar ?‍♂️

One player said it was his ball in the wrong tree

One player took a drop from a red stake hazard that might have been from the wrong place but we are unaware of the actions that took place to take that drop

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Seriously Phil??
Rory happened to make a similar error to Reed - it's evidenced in the thread - can't I compare the two without having an agenda?

Dropping a ball in the wrong place when you haven’t seen exactly where it crossed a penalty area line is an error.

Claiming you can identify your ball 25ft up in a tree is a bit of a stretch. When you’re claiming you can identify your ball, when it’s not even in the tree you are looking at is blatant cheating.

cleveland52

Visit site
What made me chuckle about the ball in the tree, it wasn’t the only one. There must of been a dozen up there
I found that hilarious as well. I think that Reed took the opportunity to cheat but I gave him a pass for any golf course that have palm trees on them.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
You gotta love a good rules controversy

I didn’t see any live golf this weekend and that itsy bitsy clip on social media is a waste of time, trying to identify where the ball finished (jeez the camera (understandably) pans down to the ground entirely missing if the ball was in any tree top) and even allowing for my eyesight the slo-mo distorts the picture anyway
Footage suggests it was heading towards another tree but it could just be the perspective and if it was the other tree we still don’t see it lodge there, the footage doesn’t show the end of the ball flight

I’ll say this, you’re not easily breaking one of those fronds with your bare hands, they are very tough and I’ve had balls bounce off them in weird directions and more than a few have been ‘captured’ and held by the tree. It could be anywhere

Whatever doubts I have for the accuracy of the tree/drop will have to stay as simply doubts. There’s certainly not enough evidence to cry cheat or say with any certainty where the ball finished

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

I didn’t see any live golf this weekend and that itsy bitsy clip on social media is a waste of time, trying to identify where the ball finished (jeez the camera (understandably) pans down to the ground entirely missing if the ball was in any tree top) and even allowing for my eyesight the slo-mo distorts the picture anyway
Footage suggests it was heading towards another tree but it could just be the perspective and if it was the other tree we still don’t see it lodge there, the footage doesn’t show the end of the ball flight

I’ll say this, you’re not easily breaking one of those fronds with your bare hands, they are very tough and I’ve had balls bounce off them in weird directions and more than a few have been ‘captured’ and held by the tree. It could be anywhere

Whatever doubts I have for the accuracy of the tree/drop will have to stay as simply doubts. There’s certainly not enough evidence to cry cheat or say with any certainty where the ball finished

Taking your last sentence specifically.

If they couldn’t be sure where the ball was, he would be playing his third shot from the tee, rather than from under a random tree, not far from the green.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12798603/reeds-controversial-ruling-explained-what-happened

You can quite clearly see it goes in the first tree.

It should have went.

Ref - can you show me an example of your particular marking. Thanks

Ref- I can / cannot see that in the tree.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Taking your last sentence specifically.

If they couldn’t be sure where the ball was, he would be playing his third shot from the tee, rather than from under a random tree, not far from the green.

Sorry what I meant was "...there's not enough evidence to cry cheat or for me to say with any certainty where the ball finished"

Some on here seem to have a more 'positive' view than the footage I've seen so far

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
How can they not penalize Reed when TV footage has been used to penalize other golfers for infringements after the event?

Status
Not open for further replies.