Patrick Reed

sunshine

Visit site
Whichever way you break a rule, by definition it is cheating.

You're very clear, breaking a rule is cheating, whether you were aware of it or not.

Ignorance is no defence

Reinforcing your point, breaking a rule is cheating and ignorance is no excuse.

We only learn the rules by making mistakes and getting them pointed out (or doing silly things) and as long as its done properly no-one is trying to use the word cheat.

But now it isn't cheating? Make your mind up! These posts are all within half an hour of each other. Do you put any thought into your posts? :LOL:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I've already posted the video of said interview.

I'm just wanting my post count to increase.

Don't watch videos on my phone, and since GM would rather take money and render their site unusable with stupid adverts I only use my phone to browse the forum.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Havent read all the replys so apologies just curious .. we are in a comp . One of us rolls a putt up close and says
.il finish out .. common reply is
Take ur time .. a courteous reply which technicaly is advice on the shot to be played..
Penalty ? ? Advice is ..

Ive never called it .. am i a cheat ?
Pedantically curious ?

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Havent read all the replys so apologies just curious .. we are in a comp . One of us rolls a putt up close and says
.il finish out .. common reply is
Take ur time .. a courteous reply which technicaly is advice on the shot to be played..
Penalty ? ? Advice is ..

Ive never called it .. am i a cheat ?
Pedantically curious ?

Common query that has been cleared up before. It’s not advice. Similar to telling someone to ‘take care’.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
just watched him tee off on the first was getting plenty from the crowed, on guy shouted something about a spade in his bag and when he hit his drive, get in the bunker was the cry and a huge cheer when it did.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I actually think he got off very lightly. Wasn't too much heckling at all that I heard.
i only switched it on for a few mins so only saw the tee shots, he got boo'd when they introduced him and a few shouted stuff though it was difficult to hear it all onthe than shovel and get in the bunker. TBH the crowds didn't look that big from limited bit i saw

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wow, just about sums Reed up in a video clip. He's 0-4 in teamplay in the last 2 team events, maybe concentrate on winning games instead of celebrating the fact you're a cheat. Can't stand him.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've seen this all over social media and I still cant see any issue with it at all. Its called banter.

Crowd giving it to him, he is giving it back. No moral high grounds, no nastyness just banter in my opinion.
Yes agree with this ,he is entitled to give it back.

My main concern is the ruling bodies considered what he did just a 2 shot penalty.
It was deliberate cheating .
But the crowds are letting him know what they think .
The ruling bodies would be wise to listen to what the ordinary golfer thinks of cheating .

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

My main concern is the ruling bodies considered what he did just a 2 shot penalty.
The ruling bodies would be wise to listen to what the ordinary golfer thinks of cheating .
Just to be clear, your choice of words implies USGA/R&A ie the ruling bodies - in this case the decision was entirely made by the tournament committee at the event.

RangeMonkey

Visit site

The ruling bodies have to follow the rules, and the rule is a two stroke penalty.