Patrick Reed

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t believe so. I believe the RoG sets out the penalty for each type of infraction. Improving your lie is the general penalty, which is two strokes.
Rule (1.2a in the interpretations ) bullet point 8 seems to disagree with you.
If you deliberately break a rule to gain an advantage you can be DQd
Even if you incurred a penalty under another rule.
That’s how I read it.

Last edited:

sunshine

Visit site
Rule (1.2a in the interpretations ) bullet point 8 seems to disagree with you.
If you deliberately break a rule to gain an advantage you can be DQd
Even if you incurred a penalty under another rule.
That’s how I read it.

Is this more of a PGA tour disciplinary thing , Ie breaching code of conduct, rather than a tournament penalty?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is this more of a PGA tour disciplinary thing , Ie breaching code of conduct, rather than a tournament penalty?

the PGA tour arguably the biggest culprits in this for me, theyre happily laughing, belittling and dismissing the issue and actively coming out pro Reed on social media since it happened having let the cheat off as lightly as they could

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s in the interpretations of the rules of golf , on the R&A rules of golf website .
I thought they were for everyone.

Well I must be reading it wrong ! It’s quite clear.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
the PGA tour arguably the biggest culprits in this for me, theyre happily laughing, belittling and dismissing the issue and actively coming out pro Reed on social media since it happened having let the cheat off as lightly as they could
That’s the problem ,there is a interpretation that they can dq him but choose not to.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Patrick Reeds caddy booted out of presidents cup for having hold of a fan who was abusing patrick reed. Like I said this ain't going away for Mr reed.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Patrick Reeds caddy booted out of presidents cup for having hold of a fan who was abusing patrick reed. Like I said this ain't going away for Mr reed.

Sounds like another storm in a tea cup.

Shouldn't have happened but I find it quite an overreaction. I think Reed needs to save a few puppies from a river and start doing some tremendous charity work on the scale of Bubba Watson to try and show a humble human side. He is quite clearly not even a pantomime villian these days but a genuinely hated person.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Be interesting to read what was actually said. Fine line between supporting your side, banter, and abuse
BBC report on it
Verbal abuse towards Reed so the caddy jumps down from a cart to join in.
Personally I think Reed needs to show a huge amount of humility and accept he cheated instead of trying to make excuses. He also needs to stop responding to the crowds response to him. As my dad always said, you cant argue with someone who stays quiet.

Its a shame, as prior to this event I actually quite liked Reed and his combatative nature, especially as he is one of the few Americans happy to play the European tour. Now though he strikes me as a" win at all costs, even if that means cheating", and I don't like people like that.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So let me get this right, when the ryder cup is on in america the abuse the Europe team gets is fair play coz no one is ejected, the abuse monty got over the years is fair game. But a unapologetic cheat is being kicked when he is down. Nope like i said, this aint going away. He is tarnished for life. Wonder what his sponsors think

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
So let me get this right, when the ryder cup is on in america the abuse the Europe team gets is fair play coz no one is ejected, the abuse monty got over the years is fair game. But a unapologetic cheat is being kicked when he is down. Nope like i said, this aint going away. He is tarnished for life. Wonder what his sponsors think

No, the abuse that Monty got was outright wrong and action should have been taken.
I must be an old dinosaur because I think all this so called banter is more likely abuse, done to put off the recipient. It is not at all like the banter which we have when we play together.
The stuff that comes from so called fans when these events take place is a blight on the sport. I don't see why spectator participation cannot be confine s to applause, or groans or Oohs and Ahs, etc.
Some years ago, I went to Wentworth to see the Pros:
everyone was respectful, though excited to see the best. Nowadays it seems that yobs and drunks are too easily tolerated.