Patrick Read’s caddie

D

Deleted Member 1156

It’s not in the same way your not allowed to place a water bottle on the green as this can help quantify the slope
All that it is telling Reed/his caddy is the slope at the point where he has placed the flag which from what I can see is nowhere near the intended line of the putt.

Philbyk1

Visit site
No it doesn't, be even if it did, how is laying a stick down measuring anything.
Just try it! It is much easier to read the slope of you place the flag across the slope. That’s the point he takes out the flag and then places a cross any slope so the flag is going to parallel to putter face.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I think you are reading something into this that doesn't actually exist.

Philbyk1

Visit site
Thanks your probably right. It just looked really odd and clearly part of a routine when I was watching the final round in Dubai today and then to find he does that all the time seemed even odder. I’ll get back to the sherry ?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
One thing I would add, this thread has been running for a while now and we haven't had any input from one of our resident rules experts which we normally would have, maybe there is a bit of a grey area here?

Philbyk1

Visit site
Thanks your probably right. It just looked really odd and clearly part of a routine when I was watching the final round in Dubai today and then to find he does that all the time seemed even odder. I’ll get back to the sherry ?
One thing I would add, this thread has been running for a while now and we haven't had any input from one of our resident rules experts which we normally would have, maybe there is a bit of a grey area here?
would welcome that so many images of this strange ritual it can’t be superstition.

Philbyk1

Visit site
Staggering how many times you see Reed's caddie with the flag held in this way. Always perpendicular to the hole No one else seems to do it. Back to the sherry

Attachments

• Reed 6.png
    Reed 6.png
    795.5 KB · Views: 25