Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't think it's just the printed media, Joe Publics desire to be the first to post anything on social media is also driving it.
Exactly. We’re quick to remove the blame from exactly where it actually lies. There is a significant minority of people in the country who are absolute weapons of mass stupidity. This has been evidenced widely over the last 5 years.

Blame them, not the companies that feed off them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, guess who filled up with petrol at 2:30am? Yep.

Once the Ryder Cup had finished I decided I'd try my luck at the local 24hr stations to see if I could fill up, since I was nearly empty and wouldn't be able to drive to football on Sunday if I couldn't get any. Wife came with me since she knows more about where the local garages are. We drove round and tried six different garages which were ALL empty. We had given up and were on our way home when we passed the 2nd one we tried again, only this time there was a tanker there restocking it and ten cars queuing outside. So I guess we got lucky and decided queue up with them. Took another 20 odd minutes for them to finishing restocking it, and then a further 20-30 minutes to get through the queue and fill up. Got home not long before 3am. ?

On the plus side a full tank usually lasts me almost a month so hopefully this rubbish has blown over by then.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Once the Ryder Cup had finished I decided I'd try my luck at the local 24hr stations to see if I could fill up, since I was nearly empty and wouldn't be able to drive to football on Sunday if I couldn't get any. Wife came with me since she knows more about where the local garages are. We drove round and tried six different garages which were ALL empty. We had given up and were on our way home when we passed the 2nd one we tried again, only this time there was a tanker there restocking it and ten cars queuing outside. So I guess we got lucky and decided queue up with them. Took another 20 odd minutes for them to finishing restocking it, and then a further 20-30 minutes to get through the queue and fill up. Got home not long before 3am. ?

On the plus side a full tank usually lasts me almost a month so hopefully this rubbish has blown over by then.

It will blow over within a week

This micro closure of forecourts have been happening for ages and normally doesn't matter but tell people there is any kind of issue and they lose their minds

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Exactly. We’re quick to remove the blame from exactly where it actually lies. There is a significant minority of people in the country who are absolute weapons of mass stupidity. This has been evidenced widely over the last 5 years.

Blame them, not the companies that feed off them.
There is no fool shortage. (Stolen from the internet)

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Alarmist media need reigning in. They’ve had a good run over the past few months, battering us relentlessly around the head with relentless doom and gloom about Covid. Still it goes on. ‘Plan for the worst’, wails The Mirror. ‘It’s back to panic stations!’ screeches The Mail.

They’ve positively relished it, but Covid’s become a bit of a broken record now as far as working up a sense of alarm is concerned. Our senses have become dulled, so now they’ve got to find other things in their attempts to scare us.
Various headlines I’ve seen include….

-‘Prepare for winter of discontent’; The Guardian

-‘UK energy crisis to drive up cost of living’; The i

-‘We’ll meat again: we’re set to run out of pork, lamb, chicken and turkey in just
days’; The Daily Star

-‘Energy firms will be left to collapse’; The Times

- ‘Asteroid extinction event next month: Adonis blames Brexit’; The Daily Yell (I made that one up?)

It’s eco-crisis, it’s housing crisis, it’s transport crisis, it’s NHS crisis. It CO2 crisis! No wonder so many people have mental health issues, (which itself is a crisis because of crisis of the NHS backlog caused by Covid crisis)

It’s all so exhausting I think I should go back to bed ?

Ignore it… back in the day someone called it Project Fear…. There is nothing to fear but fear itself

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I'm pleased for you...but please consider those who have a petrol station near to them and have to put up with the 24hr rush hour they now have due to everyone wanting their tank full, often with their engines running and music going to "entertain" them:mad:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm pleased for you...but please consider those who have a petrol station near to them and have to put up with the 24hr rush hour they now have due to everyone wanting their tank full, often with their engines running and music going to "entertain" them:mad:
I turned my engine off while I was waiting. I mean, I didn't have any bloody petrol left so it made sense. ?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Project spot on no? Rises prices.. food and fuel shortages

That’s it exactly, the government allow the media to make alarming claims so they can “fix them” for us, as Teddy Roosevelt once eloquently said “When you’ve got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.”

I know sheeple are the problem responding to the media dog whistle but the MSM live on the motto of “Bad News is Good News”, and then distance themselves from the ensuing chaos they inevitably cause.

Probably all part of The Great Reset?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Petrol rationining from now to Christmas is on the cards.
We even had petrol coupons in the 1974 crisis when there were half the number of cars.
In 1972 the lights went out, so stock up now on candles.
Don't wait for the Illuminati to turn the lights back on.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
It doesn't appear to be a problem here. I buy my papers and milk from our local petrol station as we don't have local shops. No queues, petrol/diesel delivered this morning and another scheduled for the beginning of the week. I filled the car at the beginning of the week before all the hype, so good for over 700 miles.

D

Deleted member 23270

Took the dog for a walk and thought I’d try and top up on my way back.

My local has run out and the next 2 nearest had stupid queues so I came home.

don’t really need the car this weekend so it’s not a major issue
"Topping up"? So you're the problem then.