Panic buying fuel

Have you been an panic bought fuel today?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 98.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AliMc

Visit site
It doesn't appear to be a problem here. I buy my papers and milk from our local petrol station as we don't have local shops. No queues, petrol/diesel delivered this morning and another scheduled for the beginning of the week. I filled the car at the beginning of the week before all the hype, so good for over 700 miles.
But queues apparently in Braehead, Livingston and Aberdeen, madness

D

Deleted member 23270

At our local Tesco the queue for petrol is all the way back to the main road but they have to cross the lane of traffic exiting the main carpark. I went and got some shopping and then on the way out simply drove into the petrol station missing out all of the queue.
Nice one, nothing like sticking up 2 fingers to all those people patiently queuing ?

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s it exactly, the government allow the media to make alarming claims so they can “fix them” for us, as Teddy Roosevelt once eloquently said “When you’ve got them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.”

I know sheeple are the problem responding to the media dog whistle but the MSM live on the motto of “Bad News is Good News”, and then distance themselves from the ensuing chaos they inevitably cause.

Probably all part of The Great Reset?

What gets me is the short sighted members of the general public lap it up as great management by those above saving us rather than wow how have they let it get this bad

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Cynically, the government get to blame the media and the public for their pretty obvious response to a crisis instead of their own gross ineptitude for causing the whole shitshow in the first place!
You can't blame BoJo the Clown........

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Funny how no one has voted yes!
I filled the car up last weekend as it had 20 miles left in it, and filled the van up thursday evening on the way home, admittedly I had to put VPower diesel in it at £152.9 a litre but I needed a tank full to last me 4 days of working.

D

Deleted member 18588

Cynically, the government get to blame the media and the public for their pretty obvious response to a crisis instead of their own gross ineptitude for causing the whole shitshow in the first place!
Yes God forbid that the public should accept any responsibility for their stupidity!

And if the other fuel companies do not have the same problem how come the Government are to blame for the specific problems of Texaco and Esso?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yes God forbid that the public should accept any responsibility for their stupidity!

And if the other fuel companies do not have the same problem how come the Government are to blame for the specific problems of Texaco and Esso?

The government are not to blame for anything, there is a EU shortage of HGV drivers, (most HGV drivers cannot drive tankers anyway)

So who’s fault is it then?

Could be the younger generation – the hard-done-by Millennials and Gen Zs, who wouldn’t be seen dead in a blue-collar working class career.

For them it must be a job in media studies, become a TV celeb, or a YouTube influencer. Let someone else do all the heavy lifting and moving.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The government are not to blame for anything, there is a EU shortage of HGV drivers, (most HGV drivers cannot drive tankers anyway)

So who’s fault is it then?

Could be the younger generation – the hard-done-by Millennials and Gen Zs, who wouldn’t be seen dead in a blue-collar working class career.

For them it must be a job in media studies, become a TV celeb, or a YouTube influencer. Let someone else do all the heavy lifting and moving.

Or maybe its the Boomers who took all the money and pulled up the ladder behind them?

D

Deleted member 18588

Or maybe its the Boomers who took all the money and pulled up the ladder behind them?
Well as a Boomer I can only say that someone else must have had my share.

Like the majority of my generation I did not, contrary to popular belief, have the benefit of a Final Salary Pension Scheme and spent a fortune willingly supporting two sons through university.

So if you would be kind enough to point me in the general direction of this mythical money pot I would be most grateful.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Well as a Boomer I can only say that someone else must have had my share.

Like the majority of my generation I did not, contrary to popular belief, have the benefit of a Final Salary Pension Scheme and spent a fortune willingly supporting two sons through university.

So if you would be kind enough to point me in the general direction of this mythical money pot I would be most grateful.

I will when someone can point me in the direction of some evidence supporting the suggestion that younger generations are lazy work shy. Contrary to popular belief, it is my experience that the over 50s are more work shy and incompetent than the youngsters.

D

Deleted member 18588

I will when someone can point me in the direction of some evidence supporting the suggestion that younger generations are lazy work shy. Contrary to popular belief, it is my experience that the over 50s are more work shy and incompetent than the youngsters.
Well as a relative of mine owns a logistics company I can only say that he doesn't find any interest among the younger generation to be trained as HGV drivers or other manual occupations.

No shortage of applicants for IT/admin positions regardless of many not having relevant qualifications or experience.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This country has gone mad…. there is a queue to get into our local Morrisons petrol station. About 30 cars all the way back to the main roundabout… a lady with a placard ‘No diesel’ is turning away people from the roundabout.