Pacemaker golf.

Earlsdon45

Visit site
I’m a right handed golfer who, 7 weeks ago, had a pacemaker fitted to the left hand side of my chest. Unfortunately, I picked up a post-operative wound infection (unresponsive to antibiotics) which has now infected the pacemaker itself. The only way forward would appear to be the removal of the pacemaker, 2 weeks on an intravenous drip and then repositioning a new pacemaker in to the right hand side of my chest. Whilst I was very optimistic about a return to golf when the pacemaker was fitted on the left hand side, I have been unable to trace any golfer who has managed to return to golf with a right side fitting, as there would appear to be significant difficulties in maintaining the stability of the wiring when it is required stretch across the width of your chest. So, I’m looking for some positivity! Are there any right handed golfers out there who have managed to return to the golf course when they have had to undergo a right side of chest pacemaker implant?

• Sad
Reactions: sjw

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sounds like a crap outcome and hope the infection clears quickly.

Have you considered trying golf left handed? All them years of bad habits gone in a flash. There are many lefties playing right handed but I think that’s a pride thing ;)

Earlsdon45

Visit site
Thanks for your response: cardiologist appointment next week, I was trying to prepare myself for this date, based on the lived experiences of any fellow golfers.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks for your response: cardiologist appointment next week, I was trying to prepare myself for this date, based on the lived experiences of any fellow golfers.
Are there any pacemaker forums
I suspect you are likely to find more people with pacemakers who play golf on a pacemaker forum than golfers with a right sided pacemaker on a golf forum.

Edit
Just googled this.