Our hardest hole..

D

Deleted member 25172

Our 16th. Par 3, 200+ uphill, stroke index 11.

I think that I've probably played the course somewhere around 100 times or just over that by now, and I haven't been on the green from tee on more than max 5-10 times.

Hate this hole with a passion.

Mandofred

Visit site
Our 16th. Par 3, 200+ uphill, stroke index 11.

I think that I've probably played the course somewhere around 100 times or just over that by now, and I haven't been on the green from tee on more than max 5-10 times.

Hate this hole with a passion.
There was an interview with Rory M on the Dan Patrick show (American sports guy) a couple of years ago just before the Masters I think. Rory said his favorite par 3's were around 150 yards. I've never understood the 200+ par 3's.

D

Deleted member 3432

No, we have several...just saying that the dip is way deeper than it looks in the picture

Must be nice walking down the fairway being able to see the green!

Can't see the green on our 1st until you reach it, often can't see the marker post for your second if you find the upslope in the middle of the fairway at around 240 yards.

Great opening hole :love:

hole1.jpg

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Im struggling with 2 at the moment:
9th SI 3 420 yard par 4 uphill all the way see photo. With a good drive its still a good 5i away

And the 18th SI 4 - 440 yard par 4 slightly uphill all the way. You need to be up the left side of the fairway but with my fade a good drive still leaves you with 180 yards in.

Attachments

• 9th tee.jpg
    9th tee.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 6

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Must be nice walking down the fairway being able to see the green!

Can't see the green on our 1st until you reach it, often can't see the marker post for your second if you find the upslope in the middle of the fairway at around 240 yards.

Great opening hole :love:

hole1.jpg
That looks really nice, it’s usually brown when I have played there.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours is the 12th , very long par 4 . 450+ yds.
Everything slopes left to right. Ditch all the way on right ,oob on left over some trees.
Second shot is ball below feet, ditch next to green.
So you have to aim at the 13th tee and use the contours .
Unless you can fly it there ,not many can.
Only hole with no bunkers on the course.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Im struggling with 2 at the moment:
9th SI 3 420 yard par 4 uphill all the way see photo. With a good drive its still a good 5i away

And the 18th SI 4 - 440 yard par 4 slightly uphill all the way. You need to be up the left side of the fairway but with my fade a good drive still leaves you with 180 yards in.

Is the 9th as narrow as it looks ?

D

Deleted member 23344

There was an interview with Rory M on the Dan Patrick show (American sports guy) a couple of years ago just before the Masters I think. Rory said his favorite par 3's were around 150 yards. I've never understood the 200+ par 3's.

I’m with you on that one!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
At ours most would say the 11th. 200 yards, Par 3, straight up a hill. If you fade it's a down slope to a bunch of trees, and trees out the back if you overhit. I would say certainly the least popular course on the hole. A bogey on this is something you're happy to walk away with.
The video doesn't really show how steep this hole is.
East Ren Hole 11

Mandofred

Visit site
I sure do like flyovers of holes, but.....I wish as well as doing them from 50 miles high (exaggeration) they would run a drone up the hole about 10 feet off the ground so you could actually tell what they looked like to a player.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
The first used to be our hardest hole but after it was shortened to a par 4 I'd day it's now the 8th.
Par 4, 478/468 white/yellow tee.
There's a ditch halfway which is 260 yards to carry from the whites so only the long hitters can get over that. There's also a very tall tree left of centre that catches a lot of tee shots, especially those of faders.
There's a ditch running up the right hand side which is OB but this needs a really wild shot to go in.
So most club players will drive short of the ditch to leave a second of around 220 yards to the front of the green if they've hit a good tee shot.
There are two bunkers waiting at around 160 yards but none around the green, there is a large drop off to the right of the green and for 100 yards before it.
Most people get nowhere close after 2 shots.

Tee shot
1592501139130.png
Second shot
1592501368479.png
Complete hole
1592501531134.png

D

Deleted member 3432

The first used to be our hardest hole but after it was shortened to a par 4 I'd day it's now the 8th.
Par 4, 478/468 white/yellow tee.
There's a ditch halfway which is 260 yards to carry from the whites so only the long hitters can get over that. There's also a very tall tree left of centre that catches a lot of tee shots, especially those of faders.
There's a ditch running up the right hand side which is OB but this needs a really wild shot to go in.
So most club players will drive short of the ditch to leave a second of around 220 yards to the front of the green if they've hit a good tee shot.
There are two bunkers waiting at around 160 yards but none around the green, there is a large drop off to the right of the green and for 100 yards before it.
Most people get nowhere close after 2 shots.

Tee shot
View attachment 31282
Second shot
View attachment 31285
Complete hole
View attachment 31286

So the lesser player is going to be penalised by the bunkers way short of the green.

Poor hole design this one.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has to be our 2nd. Only a short par 3, but to a long narrow green with a hump across the middle, raised on 3 sides and a bunker guarding the front. Its called The Needle for a reason. Could be anything from a wedge to a 7 iron depending on pin position/wind. 6 and 7 is not an uncommon score.