Our hardest hole..

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The first used to be our hardest hole but after it was shortened to a par 4 I'd day it's now the 8th.
Par 4, 478/468 white/yellow tee.
There's a ditch halfway which is 260 yards to carry from the whites so only the long hitters can get over that. There's also a very tall tree left of centre that catches a lot of tee shots, especially those of faders.
There's a ditch running up the right hand side which is OB but this needs a really wild shot to go in.
So most club players will drive short of the ditch to leave a second of around 220 yards to the front of the green if they've hit a good tee shot.
There are two bunkers waiting at around 160 yards but none around the green, there is a large drop off to the right of the green and for 100 yards before it.
Most people get nowhere close after 2 shots.

Tee shot
View attachment 31282
Second shot
View attachment 31285
Complete hole
View attachment 31286

That’s a brute of a hole, to long for me can’t be much fun playing that

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
So the lesser player is going to be penalised by the bunkers way short of the green.

Poor hole design this one.

It's SI 3 so the lesser players will get a shot on it, most will be short of the bunkers in two anyway but if they choose to take on the bunkers then that's up to them. I'm a 14 handicap and if I get my tee shot into the ideal position short of the ditch (which I can do with a persimmon 3 wood in the summer when the ball is running) then I can carry the bunkers easily enough as long as I make a good contact.

Some holes are not supposed to be reached in regulation by the lesser player, at least that used to be the case before technology changed everyone's perceptions.

sunshine

Visit site
Our 16th. Par 3, 200+ uphill, stroke index 11.

I think that I've probably played the course somewhere around 100 times or just over that by now, and I haven't been on the green from tee on more than max 5-10 times.

Hate this hole with a passion.

Such a tough hole, really treacherous green as well. The only time I hit the green in regulation I 3 putted :LOL:

The 15th hole just before this isn't much easier.

D

Deleted member 25172

Such a tough hole, really treacherous green as well. The only time I hit the green in regulation I 3 putted :LOL:

The 15th hole just before this isn't much easier.

It’s a bloody nightmare when you’re on track for a score and you come to this stretch of holes, cause 17 isn’t much easier either! You better be at least 2-3 points ahead, cause the likelihood of dropping points on these 3 is overwhelming. ?

I’ve actually hit the 16th green twice from the 15th tee. That in itself is worthy of some sort of prize. It takes an extremely well executed sky-pull to get that result. ?