Ouch!!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I managed to hit myself once - got greedy half way through my backswing and instead of missing the tree I hit it square on and ball rebounded into my face...split my chin open!

Also got hit in the ribs by an opponent who hit a tree and the ball smacked into my ribs before I could move!

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played last Wednesday evening and in the wire bin by the sixth tee there was a beige Nike baseball cap that was 80% covered in blood. There were also loads of blood soaked tissues in there. It looked really nasty.

Found out later that it was our oldest playing member, (88 or 89), who was on the fourth green and was hit in the head by a wayward drive from the fifth tee.

He spent the next 7 hours in A&E before being released. Saw him in the club on Sunday and he had been out for 9 holes. The large bandage around his head did make for a strange sight on the course but he was very lucky.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
playing in the cooden meet last friday and a socket rocket from full throttle hit me on the foot breaking my big toe .it is now a very much rainbow colour and still very tender.
just ask smiffy what it looks like as he saw my unsocked foot.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
playing in the cooden meet last friday and a socket rocket from full throttle hit me on the foot breaking my big toe .it is now a very much rainbow colour and still very tender.
just ask smiffy what it looks like as he saw my unsocked foot.

We need more info, was it caused by a golf shot by Socket Rocket or just a blow from full throttle :confused: lol.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
This might sound a strange comment, but I find it mildly reassuring that everyone I know that has been hit by a ball hasn’t suffered anything more than a bruise or two.

Of course being hit is horrible for all concerned, but I think you’d have to be very unlucky to be hit and suffer a serious injury.

What I don’t have time for though, is people that don’t shout fore and give others the opportunity to shield their eyes / head. I think that makes a big difference to likelihood of damage.

I hope the bruising subsides quickly FairwayDodger

Not sure that's quite the thing - didn't forum member PNWokingham kop a serious one in the eye a year or so ago?

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been lucky. Never been hit and thankfully never hit anyone else.

Closest was a snap hooked drive no more than 100 yards away from an adjacent hole that hit a branch right above my head and snapped it. 6 inches lower and I'm pretty sure I would have been brown bread.

All I got was a sorry m8 didn't see you there. :confused:

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Playing in a team foresomes match where the group in front of us had just finished a short hole. Two players went back to the tee and the others walked forward ready to play their shots following the drive. Unfortunately one of the forward pair was hit on the head by his partner and as it was a blind shot no call was made. Blood everywhere and ambulance immediately called. When the opposition player who had driven arrived and saw the state of his opponent his first words (amazingly) were "so that'll be our game then!"

Unbelievable Jeff!