Other interests/hobbies

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Get into London and watch some Rugby League! Its always a good day out!

They are playing at the stoop tomorrow and again in June.

The other two home game are in East London and Kent (6th and 20th of May) so are not as accessibly. Some northern clubs might be easier instead.

I do encourage all those in London to try and get to the Bulls or Hull game as both are set up to be very interesting clashes with a lot at stake for the away teams!

Naybrains

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Running, done the last four Great north runs and various other half marathons & 10k's.

Love football, been round the world watching England with my Dad (he's a Londoner) even though I'm a Scotchy!
Spurs fan from birth but also support my local clubs watching and sponsoring Newcastle Utd & Berwick Rangers.

Golf junkie now too!

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pick a musical instrument. You can learn it at home in all weathers at any time you want.

You can get lessons for any instrument on the t'interwebby.

Try a second hand guitar to start...

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I fish but the fishing has been poor round where I live (for me anyway) and don't get to the coast as often as I'd like. The biggest issue is the fact that good weather for fishing is also good weather for golf! Often I'd hit the course and then the river for a hour or two. Great hobby to get out in fresh air and as I fly fish and tie my own I have something to do on cold wet nights over winter.

I also play bass in a band.

HID isn't always happy though ;) especially since the band now has an attractive female singer.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm looking to take up another hobby/pastime but dont really know what to do. What other interests do all you others do apart from golf

Help to run a football club with 12+ teams

Watch football when I can

Play keyboard

Photography

Some pencil drawing

Cooking when I can

Otherwise I'm a lazy b........

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
used to play footy but knee injury and following op forced "retirement". Now i just play golf or play me xbox. Never really been in to tinkering with cars although i love them. Wow just realised im becoming a boring old fart lol 28 and all i do is either work or play golf haha

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Watch footie, watch cricket, help HID in the garden and then golf and more golf.

I use to be into my rugby league in London as far back as when the team were at Craven Cottage for a few seasons. Watched the Broncos a few seasons back but have lost touch and interest

I love going to the cricket, any format. I think T20 has been great, especially for getting the kids interested but don't think you can beat the atmosphere of either the first day or the Saturday of a test match

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The biggest issue is the fact that good weather for fishing is also good weather for golf!

When I had a break from golf, one of the things I did a bit of was windsurf. Those days when you look out and think 'don't fancy the course in that', is actually the best of days for being on the water (or so I was told by those who were better than me!).

Not sure what kind of thing you had in mind down_the_middle ?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
used to play footy but knee injury and following op forced "retirement". Now i just play golf or play me xbox. Never really been in to tinkering with cars although i love them. Wow just realised im becoming a boring old fart lol 28 and all i do is either work or play golf haha

Same here Connor, played football 6 times a week until I snapped my ACL on 2002. 7 Ops later and a destroyed knee it was all over. Golf is my passion, building cars is just to pass the dark nights.

mouth

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played ice hockey on and off for several years (golf is every players second interest. It's unanimous). In this I did a bit of refereeing and coaching as well sometimes making me some money too. Unfortunately injuries have forced retirement and now my main thing is cycling. Honestly, it can make golf look reasonably cheap. Try for 50-75 miles per week but this includes commuting. When I eventually decide to join a golf club I'll probably cycle there since I don't have a car.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use to be into my rugby league in London as far back as when the team were at Craven Cottage for a few seasons.

Fancy going to a game one time? They mostly play at the stoop but they are playing the Bradford Bulls (my mums side of the families team) on the 6th in East London at Brisbane Road.

Its no bother if you are not, I am also going to the game later in the month in Gillingham with the wife where they play Hull FC (my Dads families team)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Used to be every sport known to man but now I'm just a spectator for them all. However, I returned to motorbikes a couple of years back and I'm often blasting round the back roads of the Nth Yorks Moors on my Triumph Street Triple R - its probably a leathers thing.