Orka

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting - this challenges the view of some.

Does anyone know why Okra have such a low resale value?
Because of sentiments similar to above?.
Some people only think what you buy has to be “allegedly “ used by their favourite pro.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's down to the perception of the brand name.
Orka is still fairly unknown and as a result, when a set comes up on ebay or similar, most people haven't heard of them and so avoid buying.
Hence the price is lower than an equivalent club from TM or Ping etc that everyone has heard of.
It doesn't make them bad clubs, far from it, but a brand's perception to the general public is the driving force behind resale prices.
If a car company was called Catapult, and you'd never heard of them...would you spend serious money on it?
The principle is the same.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Does anyone buy golf clubs thinking of the resale value? Surely you buy them because they are the best for you.
Given similar performance and looks I'd be inclined to go with the club that's likely to have a higher resale value...initial cost dependent as well...
If they cost the same and perform the same but set A will be worth 200 quid more than set B in 3 to 4 years you can see why many would sway against set B, even if set B was 100 to 200 quid cheaper to buy now

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I think the whole custom-fit thing has created a minefield for second hand club buyers, and Orka clubs are pretty much all custom fit so how do you know what you're getting?

it was much simpler when very few people were custom fit and you could buy a set of used clubs safe in the knowledge that they were highly likely to be standard length, loft and lie.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting - this challenges the view of some.

Does anyone know why Okra have such a low resale value?
Not a big brand name that pros play, firstly. People will pay more for TaylorMade, Ping etc because they see pros using them on the telly. Also the fact that 99% of Orka clubs are likely custom fit to the original user, so to sell them on you'd have to find someone who coincidentally needs the same fit I guess?

Does anyone buy golf clubs thinking of the resale value? Surely you buy them because they are the best for you.
I've bought the majority of my clubs second hand, so being able to sell them on without losing much is a huge plus, as it means very little outlay for the bag as a whole. But for custom fit irons I think it's less of an issue, as you'd be inclined to keep them in the bag much longer once you knew they were perfect for you.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, after about two years of threatening to, I've finally booked myself an Orka fitting with Alex at Orka HQ in two week's time. Hoping to see a benefit in consistency from having fitted irons, plus with the lofts not being quite as strong I hope I'll be able to hit the 6 iron so my bag looks a touch more sensible rather than being full of hybrids and wedges. :LOL: Fingers crossed.