Online dating, anyone done it.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Not myself - met mrs wedge on a blind date in Japan, but my mum met her current partner on a web dating site :eek:oo: they've been together about 18 moths or so I guess and seem happy. Another pal at the GC met his current partner on a dating site for golfers.... His marriage had recently collapsed due to too much golf, so he went online and apparently found a number of dating sites specifically for golfers :eek:oo:. Now has an active partner that spends as much time on the course as he does

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Never, met the Current Mrs148 at the company she was accountant for and i was doing some consultancy work at. been together and married over 20 years.

most other relations ships have either been met at parties or clubs pubs etc.

i don't get it most of the time you meet someone and there is some sort of attraction or not when you are single this seems very artificial way of meeting someone.

glad i'm not 20-30 and had to meet Women this way. my advice get a puppy;)

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I took the easy option and married my best mates little sister! 10 year anniversary recently and many many kids later! Still happy! Glad i'm not single these days, looks brutal with the likes of tinder etc.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
my advice get a puppy;)

We got a cocker spaniel puppy 7 yrs ago, 13yrs into my marriage. We went to The Lake District shortly after and I concur with your advice. I wish someone had told my younger self this pearl of wisdom as all of the attention, and by crikey was there a lot of it, was completely wasted on my happily married self. No need to think of an opening line or an ice breaker when you have a puppy.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did plenty of internet dating 15 odd years ago...great fun :D.

Met the wife on one of those speed dating things in Guildford. She was only there as a backup to a mate on a freebie ticket! She was hammered when I spoke to her...her wine googles worked...:p

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
We got a cocker spaniel puppy 7 yrs ago, 13yrs into my marriage. We went to The Lake District shortly after and I concur with your advice. I wish someone had told my younger self this pearl of wisdom as all of the attention, and by crikey was there a lot of it, was completely wasted on my happily married self. No need to think of an opening line or an ice breaker when you have a puppy.

:thup: I don't like dogs, but a couple of friends recently got puppies and I tagged along for a few walks. Blimey, that was an eye-opener! The attention the puppies and the owners got...phew.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I spent a long time moving around in the late 90's and early 00's and never really settled anywhere. A friend talked me into giving dating a go about 10 years ago as it was a good way to meet new people in new areas. Met a couple of absolute nutcases, gained a stalker (horrible experience), but also a couple of really nice people who remained friends and best of all I met my now wife.

Like any online community, "shop" or even golf club, there are different tastes and classes available to suit individual circumstances and preference. Subscription tends to keep the riff raff away. ;)

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I took the easy option and married my best mates little sister! 10 year anniversary recently and many many kids later! Still happy! Glad i'm not single these days, looks brutal with the likes of tinder etc.

Same. He invited me to her 18th birthday, went clubbing for the night in Manchester and the rest is history.

Couple of mates do it and have had some interesting times from internet dating!!

sandmagnet

Head Pro
Visit site
Tash rule of thump here tinder is a free for all ie only want abunkup.grinder is guys who like guys .facebook is really called fookbook and plenty of fish is very much like tinder. Few single mates stories of tinder are very shocking. Wouldn’t do it for the world.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I 3rd this...easy to get chatting to the opposite sex when your dogs are sniffing each others arses.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Best phone call of my life was to a newspaper advert(cost a bloody fortune on premium line...had had a few glasses of wine!).Spoke for ages on the phone when she called me back(she still thinks I'm not quite right in the head)'but we've now been together for 16 years,love that newspaper....gave me a new life .....new perspective ....and a whole lot of new friends in a new golf club.
I'm so,so lucky to get a chance at being (almost)normal

Jimbo

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Went out with my wife’s sister for a while and when that didn’t work out I dropped down to the much younger sister, coming up to 30 years married soon.

D

Deleted member 21258

Yep, been doing it for 6-7 years now.

Been with people from all over the UK, men and women, some old and some barely legal. Also had the pleasure of doing it in groups, which can be fun. I've tried to talk the missus into it, but she doesnt fancy it just yet. Met some who are very straight-laced and some who are downright wierdoes, but life is a Minestrone........
We are taking about GM forum arent we - internet dating for golfers, as Junior's missus calls it.

Very funny, I was thinking well hello I think he is posting on the wrong forum by accident :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Luckily I have never done it, but have seen my daughter do a bit and just think what if the person is a weirdo like some of the people on here;)