oldest active seniors

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
My golfclub just posted a little story on their website:
https://www.gcsm.de/aktuelles/nachrichten/artikel-lesen/article/279-jahre-auf-dem-gruen.html

Basically, all three of those guys are over 90 years old and still play regularl (togehter they are 279 years old, which is what it says in the titel of the story, and if you add up their golf experience, they have been playing for over 100 years). It's really one of the coolest things about golf, that it can be enjoyed up to such a high age. In what other sport is that possible?

How old are the oldest seniors who are still actively playing at your home club?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Early 80's but no one topping 90. Great stuff at your c,ub.

Did you see the 100yr old woman who hit a tee shot at the European tour tournament in Amsterdam this week? It was during the pro-am round. She hit a shot and then practically ran down the fairway following the pros, Pieters, Reed and Wallace. You will be able to see it on the European Tour Facebook page. Brilliant to be that active at 100.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have no idea how old people are. I know I've played with someone in their 80s at our club. He actually seemed younger though, I would've guessed he was 70-odd. I doubt we have anyone in their 90s.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de

They don't count. They are Japanese. Japanese people don't age. They just eat raw fish, algae and sticky rice all life and then gracely sign out when they are 115 or so, looking not a day older than 50. (Just kidding, of course. I think it is awesome what those guys do. Seriously, most European seniors would probably break all their limbs just reading about rugby.)

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
As a junior I got drawn a couple of times to partner a lady who at the time was in her 90s, and we came in the top 3 in one of those. I can only assume she's no longer with us as it was 20+ years ago but remember she was good company and hit a nice ball. addressed the ball with her feet together and moved her right foot back as she took the club away.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have several over 90 still playing regularly. Some of our Seniors competitions have a "comp within a comp" for the over 80's.

Backache was quite right about it being possible in other sports - in our squash group, we have an 84 year old still playing despite some health issues. He may not be quite as quick as he was but is still quite tricky.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have a competition at our club (seniors) whereby points are added to your score based upon your age.
One person has won it so many times we are thinking about renaming the trophy to his name.

I know before I tee off I am never going to win because of the number of players in their 80s and the few that are in their 90s that still play.

I reckon I need to shoot something like 20 under par gross to stand a chance.

One of our 90+ year olds used to play 6 times a week and played until about a fortnight before he died.

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm not actually sure of ages but there are plenty of ladies and gents at my place enjoying golf in their senior years which is nice to see.

Great story from your club. I was injured playing football a few years ago and this is a great reminder of why I took a game up that I can hopefully play until I'm that age!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have one an ex fighter pilot 93
Still plays off 12 on a pretty tough course ,practices every day.
And fantastic company his stories are legend I love listening to him.
Not like some of the younger lads who never have the eyes off their phones.