BMW Recall

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Own a 2 or 3l NMW diesel thats 2/3 years old and older?
If so, check with a BMW dealer to see if your's is on the recall list for the EGR cooler. They have been failing, and some have caused fire. My future SIL had his fail on his 63 plate 3ltr, and 2 months later the car is still at the dealers waiting to be fixed and it's looking like the excess heat has damaged it quite extensively. Nil stock from Germany has been an issue as well.
Both my future SIL and other SIL haven't had notification, but both their cars are on the list and both cars have seen a dealership within the last 6 months, one has just had a notification (and his is goosed) and the other hasnt had anything about it.

Just a word of warning.:)

Autoexpress article

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Thats not good, hope it gets sorted

In other news, I heard that BMW are going to be installing flashing indicator lights on all their models
Audi are considering following suit :p

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thats not good, hope it gets sorted

In other news, I heard that BMW are going to be installing flashing indicator lights on all their models
Audi are considering following suit :p
They have hazard flashers, so you can show everyone your EGR cooler has failed and melted your cam chain tension devices so your engine is fuubar:oops:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One wrecked 3ltr diesel engine having done 60k miles.
New engine required, BMW saying it’s uneconomical to do.........

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Presume it’s a warranty issue
Ball is in BMW’s court, what are they going to do to make it all better?
Its a global recall. EGR cooler leaks glycol onto the inlet manifold, melts it and mixes with the soot. Debris can then be sucked into the engine amongst other damage. In some cases the car has caught fire.
BMW have offered to replace the engine, but future SIL has to pay ALL labour costs.......
I can see it getting deep and nasty.