Oh no.....cricket in my home state?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Cricket is the greatest.
Crowds of up to 465,000 for a test match.
Ahmedabad Stadium holds 132,000.
Melbourne holds 100,000. Been there and seen it.
You ain't seen nothing yet.
Only thing that surprises me is it's T20 and not The Hundred ball version.

Mandofred

Visit site
Cricket is the greatest.
Crowds of up to 465,000 for a test match.
Ahmedabad Stadium holds 132,000.
Melbourne holds 100,000. Been there and seen it.
You ain't seen nothing yet.
Only thing that surprises me is it's T20 and not The Hundred ball version.
Americans don't deal well if the sport lasts too long....I'm assuming "The Hundred" ball version takes longer?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Americans don't deal well if the sport lasts too long....I'm assuming "The Hundred" ball version takes longer?
Sorry guv, you have to do the maths - sorry, math ... The Hundred = 100 balls per side. T20 = 6 x 20 balls per side.
Whereas the real and only true version of cricket takes 5 days ...

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The Hundred is purely an English version of the game. Only started last year and no other countries have adopted it, and I’m not sure if they will as T20 seems to work fine for everyone else

Mandofred

Visit site
Oh I don't know, baseball and American football have to be the two most boring sports ever conceived imo.
But they both end in a couple of hours. Cricket.....I mean come on......5 days. I don't think they make enough beer to make that bearable.

Although if you want to pick on American football.....I mean, come on....the name.....football. Almost nothing to do with the foot. Baseball? based off cricket....but still boring as heck even if it does end in a couple of hours. 8 guys standing around while a couple of people actually do something. But then again....golf.....people actually spend time watching it. I've never understood that one. I can actually play that....why would I want to watch someone else play golf?

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
But they both end in a couple of hours. Cricket.....I mean come on......5 days. I don't think they make enough beer to make that bearable.
T20 cricket lasts no more than 3 hours including interval.
NFL can go on all night. It's stop start because it's based on ad breaks.
Sometimes one minute of play followed by 3 minutes of commercials. 1 hour then stretches into 3-4 hours.
Baseball it's what I used to play as rounders as a kid.

Mandofred

Visit site
T20 cricket lasts no more than 3 hours including interval.
NFL can go on all night. It's stop start because it's based on ad breaks.
Sometimes one minute of play followed by 3 minutes of commercials. 1 hour then stretches into 3-4 hours.
Baseball it's what I used to play as rounders as a kid.
I don't watch sports. Why watch someone else having fun?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Although if you want to pick on American football.....I mean, come on....the name.....football. Almost nothing to do with the foot. Baseball? based off cricket....but still boring as heck even if it does end in a couple of hours. 8 guys standing around while a couple of people actually do something. But then again....golf.....people actually spend time watching it. I've never understood that one. I can actually play that....why would I want to watch someone else play golf?
Not all cricket is 5 days, you have 50 and 20 over games of international cricket against other countries and domestic leagues. Cricket also is natural, rather than stop start of the two main American sports. Tbh I'd rather watch paint dry that Af or baseball. But each to there own. Incidentally I think the first ever test match was between England and the US, yanks probably didn't like getting beaten so invented their own sports no one else played and could call themselves world champs🤣🤣

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cricket is a wonderful game, especially in the longer formats (Tests, County Championship). I love baseball too, got into it watching the 1995 World Series. Such a complicated game, it changes with every pitch.

Motor racing? Now that is a rubbish sport!

Mandofred

Visit site
Cricket is a wonderful game, especially in the longer formats (Tests, County Championship). I love baseball too, got into it watching the 1995 World Series. Such a complicated game, it changes with every pitch.

Motor racing? Now that is a rubbish sport!
Oh jeez....motor racing is a farce. At least make the track big enough to pass on...... But...for some people, it's the cats meow.