Official 2017 HFH Handicap Challenge

D

Deleted member 21258

Also game to challenge the younger Williams (if he's not already taken) although if he's on 18 and improving rapidly, it could be the easiest fiver H4H will make?

Backwoodsman, only just seen this.

Yeah Adam is improving and hits a good ball but has lost his putting over the last 4-5 months, but tbh I would be amazed even with that problem he does not drop by at last 2-3 shots this year and if he gets his putting back maybe 4-5 shots like last year(he is now hitting it 15/20 yards further than last summer) but does have exams until June so wont be playing a lot till them.

So could well be an unfair match, upto you really ? We have our first comp next sunday, so no rush to decide.:thup:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Backwoodsman, only just seen this.

Yeah Adam is improving and hits a good ball but has lost his putting over the last 4-5 months, but tbh I would be amazed even with that problem he does not drop by at last 2-3 shots this year and if he gets his putting back maybe 4-5 shots like last year(he is now hitting it 15/20 yards further than last summer) but does have exams until June so wont be playing a lot till them.

So could well be an unfair match, upto you really ? We have our first comp next sunday, so no rush to decide.:thup:

Ok - fine. I'll take him on. After all, it's to a good cause, and will give me some kind of incentive.

And to give him an extra incentive, should he win, I'll stump up £5 for every full shot he beats me by ...

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Ahh, but Fishy ...

If you check my original post, you'll see I chucked a gauntlet in your direction also ... :)
(For the standard stakes, of course)

Didn't notice it, I'll give you a second shot at me, I'm a dead 18.0 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟

Fish

Banned
Visit site
OK, I am a techno numpty. I have prepared the spreadsheet (excel) for the H/C Challenge but I cant upload it, could someone either tell me how in words of one syllable or PM me their e mail and I will e mail it over for you to upload for me. Thanks in anticipation.

AAC :whoo::thup:

If you've not cracked this yet then it to me Steve :thup:

D

Deleted member 21258

Ok - fine. I'll take him on. After all, it's to a good cause, and will give me some kind of incentive. And to give him an extra incentive, should he win, I'll stump up £5 for every full shot he beats me by ...

Top man, that is really generous. Adam has paid £6.25 (to include the gift aid part as such, as no gift aid for him sadly).Will have to get him to log on later after school and say thanks. Think his exact handicap is 17.8.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I shall be putting up the spreadsheet of the runners & riders tonight along with their current (known) handicaps, BUT, there are a lot of you (10) who have not paid your initial £5 entry, so, please pay up ASAP before the list goes up later tonight when I get home, you know who you are and you will be highlighted in BIG RED LETTERS if you don't :smirk:

I will also highlight anyone still looking for a challenge so we can hopefully find you a match (BillyNoMates) so we have as many as possible in the mix.

*Important* When paying your £5 entry which you get nothing in return for, just great bragging rights and self satisfaction, please list it as below and don't forget to claim the TAX.

Handicap Challenge - Fish Vs Papas1982

Thank you :thup:

Last edited:

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
First qualifier of the year Thursday and the first medal

Cannot wait to finally start getting that handicap down as I don't think Iv had less than 36 points in the last 2 months in our roll ups

Then again will probably slice my first tee shot and NR and play the next 17 holes 7 over or something !

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Right, I can't get this spreadsheet sorted at the minute so will convert it to a word table over the next few nights and then when Steve sends me any updates I'll just transfer it over, so you all have 2 of us now on your cases :smirk:

Update so far we have:

Papas1982 (18.1) Vs Fish (18.1)

Bazzatron (20.0) Vs PhilTheFragger (19.4)

Richart (11.3) Vs Crow (10.8)

Khamelion (20.3) Vs Bazzatron (20.0)

Homer (14.1) Vs anotherdouble (13.8)

Richart (11.3) Vs Chrisd (11.8)

Crow (10.8) Vs Chrisd (11.8)

GreigInFife (8.6) Vs BlueInMunich (8.8)

Louise_a (11.6) Vs SugarPenguin 11.6)

McBroon (8.0) Vs BlueInMunich (8.8)

ArnoldArmChewer (13.6) Vs Full_Throttle (13.6)

2Blue (9.9) Vs Darren Williams (9.5)

Matty6 (19.9) Vs Dasit (18.8)

Dando (14.7) Vs Adam Williams (18.0)

Evesdad (24.5) Vs GG26 (24.8)

Chellie (25.5) Vs Marshy77 (26.5)

Radbourne (5.5) Vs JT77 (6.2)

Backwoodsman (17.5) Vs Fish (18.1)

Backwoodsman (17.5) Vs Adam Williams (18.0)

Those looking for challengers still.

Spear-Chucker (2.0)

Those above in RED I cannot find a payment against your challenger, please pay your £5 ASAP :thup:

If you can see any errors please PM me and I'll look into it and amend where necessary, it's not critical we have a running commentary on your 0.1's but any healthy cuts will be nice to see reported :thup:

Lets see some more challengers, you can't put a price on the bragging rights :cool:

It would really help Steve and myself if you put your updated handicap in your signature, when we update monthly we won't need to ask you to post specifically, although it would be nice to hear about some medal car crashes :whistle:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Having checked I am 24.7. First qualifier of the season on Saturday so it will be 24.8 shortly.

D

Deleted member 21258

Robin, Adam does not have a handicap comp against Dando ? Are you sure it was with Adam ?

Probably not relevant but thought I would mention that his handicap went from 17.8 to 17.9 at the weekend on the backswoodman comp. Adam and I hacked it round the course, mid 20s score on stableford.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Robin, Adam does not have a handicap comp against Dando ? Are you sure it was with Adam ?

I think it was assumed (I know) that this took place below as it then appeared on my sheet from Steve. I can see it wasn't confirmed your end so I'll remove it and we'll make Dando back available and find him a challenger as he's paid.

i'd like to be part of this but i am a nomadic golfer so not sure how to go about it as i do not have an official h/c

My golfshake h/c is currently sitting at a disappointing 14.7

Is anyone likely to be rapidly improving this year and around 18 handicap ?

I would like to get my son(adam Williams on here and who is playing 18, last year I think he went from 23ish to 18) to have a challenge ?

Would need to be rapidly improving otherwise maybe a one way bet(that's if he Adam can sort out his putting)

?? Dando at 14.7 seems like a match to me ??, over to you.

sounds good to me.

D

Deleted member 21258

Thought it may have been for someone else tbh, totally missed those posts , whoops:eek:

Robin, go on I will pay Adam monies for him and have a bet on him, as it is for a good cause.:thup: Hope Adam doesn't let his old dad down now :rofl:

Monies just paid.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having checked I am 24.7. First qualifier of the season on Saturday so it will be 24.8 shortly.

That's why I like to hear! First comp last week but was a non qualifier as we were still on a few winter tees. Had 36 points even though I felt I hadn't played well. Stableford qualifier again tomorrow so will keep you posted!