NW Longest Day Challenge in aid of Autism Initiatives

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well done to you all:thup:

Here's a picture of the exhuasted four when they'd finished. Oh, and Iain finished with an Eagle:thup:IMG-20140620-00129.jpg

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well done to you all:thup:

Here's a picture of the exhuasted four when they'd finished. Oh, and Iain finished with an Eagle:thup:View attachment 11136

Puffs- none of them in a kilt,with ginger undershorts......... lightweights.

Well done chaps (hee, hee,geddit?), great cause and a great effort. I bet Birchy is putting the last card in as an away one!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Congrats guys - great effort and something to be proud off and hope you raise a good amount

D

Deleted member 17920

Well done to you all :thup: Same again tomorrow then :D

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just slept 11 hours straight through. After a 3am alarm call yesterday it was much needed.

We ended up playing St Anne's Old Links in just under 2 hrs and Blackpool North Shore in 2hrs 20 so we arrived at Lytham Green Drive almost 2hrs before our tee time. It was really really busy so we decided to do tge last 2 rounds at Fairhaven instead.

The scores were pretty respectable with most lost shots on the greens wafting at putts. I'll let NWJ post the scores up later but there were quite a few birdies and not as many lost balls as we thought there was going to be. Amazing what you can score and how quickly you can play with a half set of clubs and a purposeful stride!!! NWJ also finished the day with an eagle on the 72nd hole.which was a fitting ending to a long and enjoyably sadistic day.

Iain said the final number should be nearer 3k, so we also easily beat our 2k target......thanks so much for everyones.support!!!!

Last edited:

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well that was some day, one I won't forget for some time.
Starting out at SAOL at 4:30am we fired into it and an hour later we were putting out on the 9th and meeting the head greenkeeper who'd just turned up. He took some photos wished us well and we cracked on, at 6:30 we were walking off 18.

With spirits high we were teeing off at blackpool north shore at about 7:00. Quite a tidy set up, lovely springy turf that was a pleasure to hit the ball off.
The club captain made a trip over to meet us on the 7th shook our hands and again wished us well.
I think we finished off in about 2hrs 20. The legs were feeling a little heavy (well mine were anyway ) and it was only 9:30am. The captain waited for us again coming of 18, offered us a drink in the clubhouse but we decided to crack on,he was a really nice fella and couldn't of been more supportive & welcoming.

We turned up at lytham green drive and it was really busy so Iain suggested doing 36 at fairhaven, we headed over and after a chat with the pro & starter we got the ok.

All looking forward to the 1st round there in what was perfect conditions we headed off, it was clear now that we'd just have to go with the flow out on the course, no problem at all though after blitzing the first two. Fairhaven is in top nick at the moment and looked absolutely stunning. I've got to say now that I really started to feel it just after the 9th, calfs really tightening and fatigue setting in. We muscled through in good time though and gained ourselves a well earned rest of about 50 mins before our final tee time of 15:10.

After a change of socks and a Cheese & ham panini we were off again. We were really not a pleasant sight at this point. Rolling around on the floor between shots and I think I was a constant 20 yards behind the others walking up the fairways,my calfs were totally gone.
Fortunately we had a 2 ball in front with 1 guy who was quickly named Johnny tour pro who was blasting driver miles into the bundu on almost every hole slowing the pace and allowing a rest on each tee.
I think we finally rolled in at roughly 7:00pm and Ann & Simon kindly had a pint each waiting for us I think mine lasted about 2 mins.:cheers:

Despite the Amount of golf, Fatigue, and limited clubs i thought we all played well.we had Quite a lot of birdies and topped off with a great eagle by Iain on the 72nd hole

All in all an amazing day in perfect conditions. I think we were out there for over 14 hours and Ive never felt so drained,elated & relieved at the same time when we walked off that 72nd hole. Thanks again for the day fellas, its one I won't forget for some time
Thanks again For everyone's support !! :thup:

A day putting a dent in the sofa is now in Progress :cheers:

Last edited:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Coincidentally, We had a match at Ashton yesterday evening and 4 of their lads were doing 100 holes, they finished just after us having actually played 102 holes!

Jack_bfc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I turned up at green drive to see you off, wish you luck and donate! Shame you decided not too play! I walked on and played on my own all afternoon, didn't think it was too busy.

Anyway, well done, I'm sure I couldn't play 36 never mind 72!!!!!!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I turned up at green drive to see you off, wish you luck and donate! Shame you decided not too play! I walked on and played on my own all afternoon, didn't think it was too busy.

Anyway, well done, I'm sure I couldn't play 36 never mind 72!!!!!!

Hi Jack

Really sorry we missed you mate but we hadnt envisaged blitzing the first 2 courses in 4 and a bit hours!! When we got to Green Drive 2 hours before our tee time we hoped that we could get out but there was some mixed roll up type competition and the pro said we couldnt go out for another hour and a half.

Given NWJ and i have glass knees we didnt want to stiffen up so when they said we could get on at Fairhaven we jumped on it and just ploughed on.

Thanks for coming down to support us though. Its really appreciated. Would have been great to put a another forum name to a face and i hope to see you soon for a game. We should make a plan for LGD, Lymm or Fairhaven soon !!!!!

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well done on a hard task, hope you all are getting a good rest and recovering well.

Glad you hit your target, good amount of money raised for a good cause.

Jack_bfc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi Jack

Really sorry we missed you mate but we hadnt envisaged blitzing the first 2 courses in 4 and a bit hours!! When we got to Green Drive 2 hours before our tee time we hoped that we could get out but there was some mixed roll up type competition and the pro said we couldnt go out for another hour and a half.

Given NWJ and i have glass knees we didnt want to stiffen up so when they said we could get on at Fairhaven we jumped on it and just ploughed on.

Thanks for coming down to support us though. Its really appreciated. Would have been great to put a another forum name to a face and i hope to see you soon for a game. We should make a plan for LGD, Lymm or Fairhaven soon !!!!!

No problem! Your need was greater, the practice did me good as I will explain on a thread on its own shortly...... You're all welcome down here anytime