72 round of golf - cancer research

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/find-an-event/the-great-golf-challenge

Cancer research are running a golf related charity event. Thought it might be of interest to a few here.

Winners get a round at the Belfry.

Prize includes:

• 1 night's luxury hotel accomodation (4*) at The Belfry (note this will be 2x double/twin rooms for the team)
  • Full breakfast
  • One 18-hole game on the Brabazon Championship course (hosting more Ryder cups than any other course!)
  • One 18-hole game on the PGA National Championship course (world-class tournament course and Englands only PGA Branded national course)
  • Three-course set dinner in Belfry's acclaimed restaurant
  • £40 per person travel allowance

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/support-us/find-an-event/the-great-golf-challenge

Cancer research are running a golf related charity event. Thought it might be of interest to a few here.

Winners get a round at the Belfry.

Prize includes:

• 1 night's luxury hotel accomodation (4*) at The Belfry (note this will be 2x double/twin rooms for the team)
  • Full breakfast
  • One 18-hole game on the Brabazon Championship course (hosting more Ryder cups than any other course!)
  • One 18-hole game on the PGA National Championship course (world-class tournament course and Englands only PGA Branded national course)
  • Three-course set dinner in Belfry's acclaimed restaurant
  • £40 per person travel allowance

72 holes surely...

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Aye that’s what I meant. Feels a bit of a cheat playing golf and taking money for it though 😅

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Aye that’s what I meant. Feels a bit of a cheat playing golf and taking money for it though 😅

I rather agree. I'm not much of a fan of sponsorships where the sponsee is doing something they really enjoy doing or if it's a bit of a dawdle...

Similar feelings for all those 6 form trips where the kids are looking for sponsorship to go on a volunteering trip to developing country X - when in fact the volunteering aspect of the trip is usually pretty minimum hassle - and the sponsee gets a great holiday on the back of it. Paid for by the sponsors.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Agreed.

I embarrassingly found myself in a position of buying a naked calendar of the university’s volleyball team from their stand outside the uni library once. I thought they were selling cookies or something. No doubt that charity money was used for a team piss up. Thankfully my wife didn’t find out.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Did the Macmillan challenge a number of times (including with PieMan) and managed to raise a reasonable amount for the cause. As cancer got both parents, it's something I will support as much as I can but in this instance it's not for me. Not sure the link is working

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Link is still working for me homer. It’s on cancer research uk’s homepage if you can’t use the link.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
MacMillian offers the top 10 highest scorers/fundraisers an all expense trip to Portugal for a playoff. So the trip to the belfry doesn't seem that bad now does it? Besides, it's for charity, let's not forget that.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
MacMillian offers the top 10 highest scorers/fundraisers an all expense trip to Portugal for a playoff. So the trip to the belfry doesn't seem that bad now does it? Besides, it's for charity, let's not forget that.

Dont understand what you’re getting at. No one said the prize was bad.