Nottingham Courses

Mowgli

Hacker
Visit site
Can any forum members recommend any good golf courses/clubs in the Nottingham area. I am moving to Chilwell from sunny Plymouth in Feb.

I have looked on the internet but would like to get some frist hand recommendations, The closest one to where i am based will be Chilwell Manor.

Regards

trickietree

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hello Mowgli
There are three good members courses near your base.
Chilwell Manor
Beeston Fields
Wollaton Park.
Chilwell is a very flat course and tends to be closed alot during bad weather as it holds the water. I alway find it a friendly club and has small tricky greens.
Beeston is approx 2-3 miles away and again is a decent course but can be boggy in wet weather.
Wollaton is approx 4-5 miles from Chilwell towards the city.
Most members from other clubs will tell you that Wollaton is the best of the bunch (that is where I play so i'm not biased !) It has 18 good holes and fantastic drainage so is good all year round.
Also, there are some good courses in north Notts to visit,ie Coxmoor, Sherwood Forest, Hollinwell and Worksop (Lee Westwoods course). Hollinwell is regularly voted in the top 25 uk courses.
Hope this helps !
Dave

blindpete

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mowgli, you a military man coming to Chetwynd? If so, the GS is only £10 PA and they play regular at Chilwell Manor. Ruddington is also close and a good course. Cotgrave has 2 good tracks. Ramsdale, Oakmere and Springwater are about 30 mins away. To be honest there are a shed load of good courses to play.