Norwich City - Mental Health awareness

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finally, something to be proud of from the boys in yellow this season! Well done NCFC!

I saw this yesterday and was amazed at how quickly it took off on twitter - with that kind of reach, there's every chance it's actually made a real difference which is a really lovely thought.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Brilliant video 👏 just been shared in my rugby club chat and the feedback is exactly as intended. Loads of offers of help or just a chat for those that need it.

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
I’ve watched this video a few times over the last couple of days and have cried every time. It’s ok not to be ok.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That video is extremely clever. I'm sure I wasn't alone in thinking the feller on the left of the shot was going to be the one missing at the end, not the other side.

I am absolutely terrible at having meaningful conversations with people. It's one of my traits that I attribute to a degree of autism perhaps, but it often doesn't occur to me to take a genuine interest in the lives of even my closest friends. It's a such a 'typical bloke' thing to spend three or four hours with a mate, get home and when your partner asks how his house-hunting/work/family is going, you answer "dunno - it didn't come up". Just spent the time doing banter and talking about the football or something. I need to do a lot, lot better with that.

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
That video is extremely clever. I'm sure I wasn't alone in thinking the feller on the left of the shot was going to be the one missing at the end, not the other side.

I am absolutely terrible at having meaningful conversations with people. It's one of my traits that I attribute to a degree of autism perhaps, but it often doesn't occur to me to take a genuine interest in the lives of even my closest friends. It's a such a 'typical bloke' thing to spend three or four hours with a mate, get him and when your partner asks how his house-hunting/work/family is going, you answer "dunno - it didn't come up". Just spent the time doing banter and talking about the football or something. I need to do a lot, lot better with that.

That is half the issue in that we can all be guilty of passing it of as just a bloke thing. I am the same.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
After a number of questionnaires and 2 hour and a half long interviews with the relevant professionals I received my formal diagnosis for autism today. Not sure how I feel at the moment as it is sinking in but it is a relief to reach the end of the process and know how my brain is wired. Waiting for the written details and the details if where I can read up and who I can talk to so as I can understand it more

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After a number of questionnaires and 2 hour and a half long interviews with the relevant professionals I received my formal diagnosis for autism today. Not sure how I feel at the moment as it is sinking in but it is a relief to reach the end of the process and know how my brain is wired. Waiting for the written details and the details if where I can read up and who I can talk to so as I can understand it more

The first step is that diagnosis then learning to cope with it comes in time. You should find now you have an answer it will become easier to deal with.

I myself have bipolar type 2 (the lesser one, much more mild) before my diagnosis in 2011 I was in debt, single and wreckless. Once I got the treatment needed to help minimise the mood swings and to learn how to manage when it goes wrong it was like a cloud had been lifted. It's now 2024 I'm now married with 3 kids , worked up to the role I want.

The key is definitely the diagnosis

Now everything should fall into place as you will know what your looking at

Good luck 🤞

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Didn't want to start a new thread so adding to this one. I had a couple of (several/many) drinks last night and as I sometimes do when I've been drinking I fell down a YouTube rabbit hole where I click from one video to the next and end up at 3am looking at the clock and wondering how I got there. I don't normally show my emotions and I'm quite reserved but I came across a video that really got to me and brought a tear or two to my eyes. You're not alone. If you're feeling down there are people out there you can talk to. This is incredible...........