Northern Bogies Golf Society

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just came across this on Facebook. Not really clear what it's all about, seem to do a lot of comps where folk play at different courses on the same day and results get posted online, is that about right?

Any members on here?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not heard of them, I was looking for a golf society in the north but North East a bit too far up for me.
Do you not get involved with your local Union? There's also the Yorkshire Union https://www.yugc.co.uk/ Me & a mate have just joined. With that & the Leeds Union games there's a mass of variety at very good prices that are better than Opens.
With the Yorkshire Union he can't always play as he's involved as Rabbits Captain..... could fit in with you if interested.

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Do you not get involved with your local Union? There's also the Yorkshire Union https://www.yugc.co.uk/ Me & a mate have just joined. With that & the Leeds Union games there's a mass of variety at very good prices that are better than Opens.
With the Yorkshire Union he can't always play as he's involved as Rabbits Captain..... could fit in with you if interested.
Hi, no not got involved with the local union (but will look into it), yes if a space ever comes up on anything interesting and there’s a space let me know.

Mandofred

Visit site
I've thought about something like this as well. I've put off playing with the Senior group for some reason. Nobody really talks about the Union matches....they just kind of magically appear and block the golf course once in a while.

NearHull

Visit site
I've thought about something like this as well. I've put off playing with the Senior group for some reason. Nobody really talks about the Union matches....they just kind of magically appear and block the golf course once in a while.
I do recommend the Yorkshire Golf Union, good value and well organised.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As Doh says, plus in the Leeds Union each Club has a Union Rep who should publicise Events. I'm the LDU rep at our Club & responsible for advertising Events collecting entry monies & submitting a list of those seeking entry.
It looks like you can enter individually through here... http://hdugc.co.uk/website/go.php?id=25
Once the Events go live.
Me & a playing partner have only just joined Life-time membership of the Yorkshire Union for £40 & entered Otley & Hull GC Events. Just £18 each & you know they'll be well organised.
We also get involved in the EG Seniors events that lead to Finals, this year, at Woodhall Spa. N of Eng Q's are at Pannal & Lindrick this year.... Also good value at £55 or so a man includes breakfast roll & 2 course meal after .