North vs South match - checking interest

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Close House messaged me yesterday to see if we had agreed a date.

I replied saying, "not interested at that price thanks!" I wonder if I'll get a reply?

Out of interest, do Close House do a golf only package? There are plenty of hotels nearby and obviously the Toon for those who enjoy a jar in a more energetic setting 🤣

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just adding to this to get my posts up, but is it really about playing a t100 venue etc? If the greens are true and the bacon rolls are good, it surely has to be about the banter and bragging rights? (Within reason)

Some will be travelling 100's of miles so a better venue will increase interest

D

Deleted member 15344

Some will be travelling 100's of miles so a better venue will increase interest

Only have to see how far people travelled to go to the likes of Kent Coast , Aberdeen , Sunningdale etc

Now obviously those courses are prob a lot more expensive now but people could look at places like Alwoodly , Woodhall , a course around Southport etc

Some great choices in the top 100 that people would travel too

Reactions: Val

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Only have to see how far people travelled to go to the likes of Kent Coast , Aberdeen , Sunningdale etc

Now obviously those courses are prob a lot more expensive now but people could look at places like Alwoodly , Woodhall , a course around Southport etc

Some great choices in the top 100 that people would travel too

An Alwoodey or Moortown in the east or a Formby or S&A in the west would be great venues

evemccc

Visit site
Formby is super, not been in years! The cost might be an issue for some..it does drop to £185 in October :whistle:

If it were to be Formby I’d definitely come…£185 is for 18 or 36 (for those who want that) - personally I couldn’t do the 14th October weekend however 😜

I’m sure there will be plenty of posts like this tho 🤣