North vs South match - checking interest

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Why not find a good course (it doesn't have to be one thats rated in the top 100) that's near a PI that is walking distance from all amenities (pubs/curry houses) May I suggest Southport on a Sunday? (Yes I realise people will have to get the Monday off) PI will be cheap. Plenty of courses to choose from that are perfectly acceptable.

Just saying this as I've been checking Southport myself for a trip there. In fact I've got the lads golf trip booked in. We've in the TRavelodge as it's cheaper for a two day stay.

I get the feeling it will never happen, as you have some people who will only travel a significant distance to play a decent course, and some people who will be factoring the cost of travelling a significant distance into the total cost of a game of golf.

Our course is as hard a challenge as you'll find, right next to a motorway, in the middle of the country and there are several good hotels within a couple of miles - both a Premier Inn, and a Holiday Inn.
Green fee would be about £30, massive fleet of buggies, and decent ish range, and practice facilities.

It's by no means a "quality" course, but it did host the Yorkshire PGA for many years, so if it's good enough for the best pros in the north of England, it's good enough for the hackers off Golf Monthly ;-)

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
So has bratty booked it yet? 🙄
No. Still waiting for people to say that they're playing and where they live.
And I may not be booking it anyway.
And I think you deserve a 7 day ban for the language! 😜 (Edit: Mods took care of Oddsock's potty mouth!)

Last edited:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Your call... but I think its time to pick a place and day and say "if you're in, send money!"

Otherwise it'll go round and round!;)
Sorry, I meant I might not be the one booking it, rather than it not moving forwards.
We'll be chatting about it on Wednesday.

94tegsi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm pretty flexible to be honest, I will travel for a good course that I have wanted to play. I am based in Northampton though.

Zig

Visit site
Great thread! Sorry I'm a bit late to it!

Would love to play dates dependent (school hols or on a weekend (y)). Hartlepool location qualifies me as a northerner I guess by anyone's logic.

And, FWIW, the Silloth option sounds a great idea.