Non-qualifying, again

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ah, just looked at bottom of notice "change includes decrease under ESR". Would assume they are additional ESR's. I'm sure there have been some ESR's this season though so could there be more again at this years annual review. As I say though this is all new to us.

Fair enough, it is a bit of a dark art isn't it :D

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't think I'd want our winters to be qualifiers anyway, Its so easy to lose a ball in the rough I'd get mega stressed out. I won last weeks with 48 points and I've been cut to 12 for the winter comps but I'll still be officially 15. Doesn't bother me I'll be expecting an even bigger win by April and more money.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Our place gets wet in the winter so our qualifiers only run from April to end of September. Personally I think beyond that the course is still playable and some more qualifiers should be ad hoc dependant on weather that week.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Don't think I'd want our winters to be qualifiers anyway, Its so easy to lose a ball in the rough I'd get mega stressed out. I won last weeks with 48 points and I've been cut to 12 for the winter comps but I'll still be officially 15. Doesn't bother me I'll be expecting an even bigger win by April and more money.

must be real stressful getting 48 points lol

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No. You cannot submit a score as a Supplementary while playing in a non-qualifier.

Interesting. Looked it up and you are of course correct:

21/1 Return of a Supplementary Score in aNonQualifying Competition
Q. A club Committee has declared a competition to be a Non Qualifying Competition.May competitors play
in the competition and concurrently return a Supplementary Score?
A. No.

Seems strange to me, but ho hum there is a lot in golf that is strange to me! :)

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Isn't the point to keep the ball out of the rough?