Nike Ignite III Irons

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seen Direct Golf have got these irons on offer - 4-SW for only £179 - they were £300.

Are they any good? Anyone had experience with them? I'm tempted...

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Direct Golf seem to flog these every year in their sale section. Not sure if Ignites are for the US market and direct golf import them as I can't remember seeing them elsewhere. But I may be wrong.

I'm never too sure of the alledged savings as I'm not sure anyone has ever paid the original price that they claim they were at. Yes they may have been the MRP a year or so ago, but who ever pays that? I suppose the stock answer is to go and try them out and compare them with what you already have. As I always say during the Next sale, cheap crap is still crap. But then again they are Nike so there will be some pedigree behind them.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the Ignite are the real budget Irons they do, I remember seeing these or the previous ones in AG when I bought my old Nike VR Cavities.

I'd probably stay away from the ignites and see what deals are on the VR Cavities as they are a cracking set of clubs

glynntaylor

Head Pro
Visit site
I tried these along with the John Letters T8s and Adams... DG advised they were In the same category as the JL T8 which I purchased. The nikes weren't bad but couldn't get in with them.

These were in sale in there summer catalogue and todays new season catalogue.

They were budget much like the JL and I found I couldn't go any further with them and changed.

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yea the VRs look a lot nicer. I would always have a go on new irons, just wondered if they're even worth considering with other irons. Plus I just have a case of new shineys fever... hopefully it'll pass!

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The igniites are older modles ( hence the discount) I just moved on from hitting Slingshots and bought a new set od VR_s. I would recomend them totally. They look good at the ball, produced a med-high ball flight and are 2" more upright that Slingshots.

They've allowed me to swing at 80% - maintain control of the club with no distance lost

AG were doing them for £199 at the start of the year

anthony

Medal Winner
Visit site
I bought them for £159 last year they was ok I sold them on and got the vr forged split cavities which are awsome but up for sale as the pro combos have lured me in.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I use them. I bought them for £230 last summer. For a high handicapper such as myself I think they're perfect. I'm very happy with them, and at that price you can't go wrong.
Not cheap rubbish as the price would suggest