Ping G425 irons coating peeling

Gazzer

Visit site
I to have for the 2nd time now sent my Ping G425 irons bk as the coating is peeling off 9,pw,sw. 2 Wedges were sent bk first time around and the full set the 2nd time and now happening again.

Some have said to somebody else who had the same problem that it someway it must be them but I've had and also seen clubs and had clubs over 10 yrs old in better condition with no sign of any coating flawed. For the price of clubs this shouldn't be happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gazzer

Visit site

Happened to my PW after ~10 months, sent it back and it was replaced no questions asked

They have always replaced without any issues, second time around They replaced my full set but now my pw is starting to peel.
Never had this problem with any other make of clubs even older ping makes. The g425's have really improved my game so this is really leaving me with a dilemma of which way to go, stay with ping and replace yet again with the g425's or go with another make.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If it makes the OP feel any better, the coating on the back of the cavity insert on my ZX5’s has started to peel after less than 10 rounds and a couple of range sessions. Yes it’s only small and is on the insert so has no baring on performance (more lack of from myself) but a Emails have been sent.

HPIMG

Visit site
I know someone who had there g425 irons changed four times because of pealing and eventually just got a full refund

Gazzer

Visit site
It's frustrating because I've really been playing well with these and definitely feel as if the 425's have improved my game. I was looking at maybe changing them to the new 430's but the coating looks almost if not identical 🙈

Barking_Mad

Visit site
If it makes the OP feel any better, the coating on the back of the cavity insert on my ZX5’s has started to peel after less than 10 rounds and a couple of range sessions. Yes it’s only small and is on the insert so has no baring on performance (more lack of from myself) but a Emails have been sent.

Similar. Two rounds of golf, carrying clubs. 😔 #chatter

20230325_162917.jpg

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Just above the S on the point of the triangle , mines completely gone through to plastic around 5-10mm. I don’t mind and fully expect clatter and rub marks, I’ve reached out to hot golf and they’ve requested pics straight away.

Well mine were new off ebay so doubt I've got a return there. It's disappointing as my Z355s took ages before the backs were marked up. You'd think Srixon would test them fully. You accept wear and tear over time but after 36 holes? 🤔

Edit

I went and had a look for zx5 on 2nd hand club websites to check photos. A cursory look suggests it's a common thing...

Screenshot_20230327-173031_Privacy Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20230327-172710_Privacy Browser.jpg

Last edited:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Two words: iron covers. 😉
My Ping i25 PW bubbled and peeled after about 3 months. Replaced via my Pro without question and then never had a problem with any of them post-peel.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Two words: iron covers. 😉
My Ping i25 PW bubbled and peeled after about 3 months. Replaced via my Pro without question and then never had a problem with any of them post-peel.

Sorry bud but I refuse to use iron covers. If the replacement flakes then I’ll either need proof the mkII have changed and upgrade or move to another brand. From a premium forged brand it’s not acceptable to take it as common.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Sorry bud but I refuse to use iron covers. If the replacement flakes then I’ll either need proof the mkII have changed and upgrade or move to another brand. From a premium forged brand it’s not acceptable to take it as common.
Should have gone for Mizunos! 😝

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Well mine were new off ebay so doubt I've got a return there. It's disappointing as my Z355s took ages before the backs were marked up. You'd think Srixon would test them fully. You accept wear and tear over time but after 36 holes? 🤔

Edit

I went and had a look for zx5 on 2nd hand club websites to check photos. A cursory look suggests it's a common thing...

View attachment 47117

View attachment 47116

They're bits of plastic, if the clubs rattle around in the bag I wouldn't expect anything else really.