NFL 2020

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
RPO - Russ Pass Option. It is where a QB from the shotgun (or pistol which is about three yards back from center), takes the snap and goes to hand off to the back alongside him. He reads the defensive end and makes the decision whether to hand off or keep the ball himself based on the end's play. You can then expand it to a fake RPO handoff where the QB then keeps the ball and passes in a form of play-action pass. You will not see the likes of Brady, Rodgers or Roethlisberger do it because they are no running threat. But any of the young QBs in the league now who can run the ball and are not afraid to do so, then it is a major weapon.

If you go on YouTube and search college football 2020 highlights, you will find nice 10 minutes packages of games. One of the best to watch is Trask of the Florida Gators. He is a real running threat and has a ton of receiving weapons too.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I worked in NC, ECU where my local college side, they had no threat anywhere.

Quite enjoyed driving up the triangle could catch a game at Duke, NC or NC state most weekends.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The funniest thing from Week 9 is Nick Chubb of the Browns running out of bounds at the 2-yard line with 1:00 left and the Browns up 10-7. This enabled them to take a knee on the final two plays and end the game. The spread on the game was -4.5 so him doing that and not scoring cost every person who bet the Browns in that game. Awesome!

I once called for this to happen in a game on Sky in 2002 between the Raiders and Jets and got a ton of e-mails from people saying you should always score. Guess I got proven right on that one.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
The funniest thing from Week 9 is Nick Chubb of the Browns running out of bounds at the 2-yard line with 1:00 left and the Browns up 10-7. This enabled them to take a knee on the final two plays and end the game. The spread on the game was -4.5 so him doing that and not scoring cost every person who bet the Browns in that game. Awesome!

I once called for this to happen in a game on Sky in 2002 between the Raiders and Jets and got a ton of e-mails from people saying you should always score. Guess I got proven right on that one.
Possession and clock management is the key when your'e in a tight game. Remember times when the Patriots would let teams score to get the ball back and go down field with a winning drive in the last seconds. Situational football.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We did a piece in the late 1990s in Extra Point magazine about how a team in the Super Bowl, I think it was Green Bay, should have let the opposition score. But in those days, people thought analytics was a drug for erectile disfunction so no-one took it seriously. That was why my comment about Charlie Garner in that Oakland game was so out of line at the time. I remember Nick Halling calling me a few days later and changing his mind that I was right.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Possession and clock management is the key when your'e in a tight game. Remember times when the Patriots would let teams score to get the ball back and go down field with a winning drive in the last seconds. Situational football.

Read Michael Lombardi's book "Gridiron Genius". It will blow your mind on some strategies like that.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sorry to be repetitive but:- Hey what about them Dolphins !!!!!!
There is a pass from Tua in the first quarter that is truly insane. He runs a hard play fake and then rolls left - he ignores the first option which is tight end in the flat who is covered and instead hits a receiver about 20 yards downfield on the left sideline. Last time I was wowed like that was the first time I saw Michael Vick in a live game nearly 20 years ago. Halling and I were watching a live feed of him and both just let out a "-----ing hell - did you see that?".

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Give Gruden a call - pretty much the entire Raider defense is in quarantine today ahead of the game with the Chiefs. You might get a game.

D

Deleted member 3432

Give Gruden a call - pretty much the entire Raider defense is in quarantine today ahead of the game with the Chiefs. You might get a game.

Chiefs with a point to prove with only loss to the Raiders.

Mahomes is going to have a field day :ROFLMAO:

Good to see Alex Smith playing again, understatement to say he's had a tough time since moving to Washington.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Decent performance last night by the Seahawks to beat the Cardinals.

Got the run game going to allow us to keep their D on their toes instead of just letting them man cover our receivers. Still gave up some seriously simple deep ball throws though.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Decent performance last night by the Seahawks to beat the Cardinals.

Got the run game going to allow us to keep their D on their toes instead of just letting them man cover our receivers. Still gave up some seriously simple deep ball throws though.

Just finished watching it - your battered OL did enough but the Arizona gameplan was not one of the best I have ever seen. I guess the four-day NFL Network hype over the Cardinals can die down a little now and they can go back to blowing smoke up the Cowboys' backsides.

But that game last night was a case of the fashion police not being able to fly into Seattle. The Seahawks were wearing some garish monstrosity to pay homage to the 1991 Orlando Thunder from the World League whilst Arizona had on the NFL's equivalent of shorts and black socks. That one was second only to the hideous Condiment Bowl between the Bucs and Rams a few years ago when the color rush jerseys led to the ketchup Bucs taking on the mustard Rams. Just horrible.

U

User62651

Why's it taking Washington so long to rebrand with a new name? - the current rather matter of fact Washinton Football Team is not a great marketing sell.

The Redskins name and logo was very strong identity branding, appreciate why it needed to go so they need something as visual and catchy.

All gone quiet. Patriots would've been a good name for the Capital team but taken obviously.

How about the Washington Senators?:oops:

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Washington Semi-Professional Football Team is pretty funny being used on a lot of podcasts now.
It has to be Washington Sentinels so you can use pictures of Keanu Reaves playing QB as Shane Falco.