NFL 2020

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have just topped my work league thanks to a team called the Cards???and some kid called Herb something playing at Dimeback or whatever for the Phone Chargers.

?
I was in three different leagues up to a couple of years ago, all had drafts, one had keepers and college draft picks as well so was pretty much full, you had to do your research to get a decent team together. It still stings from about 5 years ago when I was in the Superbowl with a great team, all my top players were either rested or bombed in the final week and I lost by a couple of points ?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We changed our rules in 1999 to go from a 15-week season with two weeks of playoffs to 14+2. So we never played the final NFL week because of that resting issue. Best decision we ever made.
I remember losing FFL Bowl VII in 1998 when Mike Alstott of the Bucs scored a meaningless TD with four minutes left in a 28-0 game. Without that score, I win. One day I'll be over it - I even gave Mike a hard time when I saw him once for even scoring.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Steelers gettin a bit of a beating here. Luckily they got the pick 6 early on otherwise this would be over.

I even missed the fisticuffs ??

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
?
I was in three different leagues up to a couple of years ago, all had drafts, one had keepers and college draft picks as well so was pretty much full, you had to do your research to get a decent team together. It still stings from about 5 years ago when I was in the Superbowl with a great team, all my top players were either rested or bombed in the final week and I lost by a couple of points ?

Thats why you pick up handcuffs for top RBs in the closing rounds, bench wins bowls as they say

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Giving up 27 points to Mullens and the Niner offense missing a load of its players is nothing to be proud of. The Seahawk defense remains a total liability. But you have the undisputed MVP in Russell Hustle and Bustle man muscle Wilson right now. It just depends if you can keep winning shootouts all season.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Giving up 27 points to Mullens and the Niner offense missing a load of its players is nothing to be proud of. The Seahawk defense remains a total liability. But you have the undisputed MVP in Russell Hustle and Bustle man muscle Wilson right now. It just depends if you can keep winning shootouts all season.

We definitely took our foot off the gas after getting that big lead. Up until then we were playing really well and collapsed the pocket a few times which killed Jimmy G. Amazingly, Mullins looked like a 10 year veteran and his passing was spot on and crisp.

Hopefully we can grab a few more D linemen and maybe a good edge rusher. The guys in the backfield are improving and we have Adams to come back soon.

As far as this season goes, yup, we will win a bunch more games and make the post season. It's in the post season where you need that D to get you into the Super Bowl.

Russ is just amazing. Metcalfe and Lockett are absolute gun receivers too.

Captainron

Visit site
@Pathetic Shark must be optimistic about your season now. Should be a walkover win over the Giants tonight to get to 6-2. Looking at how the Saints are stuttering to wins over teams they should be burying must give you a good feeling about winning the division and possibly taking the NFC Title. You guys are getting better week on week and your defense is very very good too. Just imagine what you would be like with a QB at the top of their game.

I think that the Cardinals are the dark horses in the NFC though.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
@Pathetic Shark must be optimistic about your season now. Should be a walkover win over the Giants tonight to get to 6-2. Looking at how the Saints are stuttering to wins over teams they should be burying must give you a good feeling about winning the division and possibly taking the NFC Title. You guys are getting better week on week and your defense is very very good too. Just imagine what you would be like with a QB at the top of their game.

I think that the Cardinals are the dark horses in the NFC though.

Tonight is an Admiral Ackbar game as we used to call it on ESPN - "It's a trap". The big one is next Sunday against the Saints which means Sky get to run that damn clip from 2002 when I said Drew Brees would never be successful in the NFL. Oh well we all make mistakes as R2-D2 said climbing off the dustbin.

Captainron

Visit site
Tonight is an Admiral Ackbar game as we used to call it on ESPN - "It's a trap". The big one is next Sunday against the Saints which means Sky get to run that damn clip from 2002 when I said Drew Brees would never be successful in the NFL. Oh well we all make mistakes as R2-D2 said climbing off the dustbin.
That should have been a tied game with O/T! That was definitely pass interference!

But another W for the Bucks.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bucs thought it wasn't - Giants thought it was - officials said no - who am I to argue? ;-) We got away with a few last night for sure. Any Given Sunday, sorry Monday Night.

Didn't realise the Milwaukee Bucks NBA team were playing last night ;-)

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What's your take on that last call.on the 2pt conversion ?
I thought the Giants were hard done by.

Lewis Billups and Brian Griese were doing excellent analysis all game about defenders looking back for the ball and when it is interference or not. That play was really close. It was reviewable in 2019 but so many challenges were being left as "stands" that it was taken out for 2020. Even a review would have been "stands" for that one. I was just happy that Steve Levy used one of my feed lines about it being the Bucs' 700th game and their all-time winning %.