NFL 2020

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
During the Coronavirus pandemic, remember DO NOT grab another person's facemask. It's a 15 yard penalty and an automatic 1st down.

OrneryIdealKomododragon-size_restricted.gif

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There was a good reason why Scam Newton went unsigned until June - he is an absolute pain-in-the-ass in the locker room. Not quite as bad as Kaepernick but close.
Then you throw in his recent injury issues and lack of performance the past couple of years and this is why he went unsigned.
The Cheatriots were left desperate for anyone to play behind center as they have a totally inexperienced Jarrett Stidham or a way-over-the-hill Brian Hoyer.
But Newton and Belicheat - a match made in heaven for the other 31 NFL teams and the Boston media.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
There was a good reason why Scam Newton went unsigned until June - he is an absolute pain-in-the-ass in the locker room. Not quite as bad as Kaepernick but close.
Then you throw in his recent injury issues and lack of performance the past couple of years and this is why he went unsigned.
The Cheatriots were left desperate for anyone to play behind center as they have a totally inexperienced Jarrett Stidham or a way-over-the-hill Brian Hoyer.
But Newton and Belicheat - a match made in heaven for the other 31 NFL teams and the Boston media.
Watched Pro Football Talk when Sims was putting up his top 40 QB’s in the league right now and he was ranked 10th. An obvious but flawed talent. With the right coaching and team mates (ones with a regular winning mentality) he might just surprise a few people. If he doesn’t change his attitude then he just won’t get the reps and he will be traded out.
He might actually add a bit to the OL as he is more of a dual threat than Brady.
Interesting times at the Pats.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Was that Phil Simms or his son Chris? I was at the game in 2006 when Chris got seriously hurt and it ruined his career. He's become a decent analyst in recent years.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That is already happening about the Redskins. I wrote a satirical piece in the mid 1990s for Extra Point about the Pope complaining about use of the name Cardinals and a bunch of tigers in the jungle being embarrassed to be associated with the Bengals on how bad they were.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
The Washington Redskins are changing their name.

Official announcement made following several retailers removing their merchandise from stores and ESPN refusing to show their badge as it depicts a Native American man.

So a new name is required?

Washington Swampers?
Washington Humids?
Washington Backhanders?
Washington Red Button On My Deskers?

Probably end up being something really really beige though

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
The Washington Redskins are changing their name.

Official announcement made following several retailers removing their merchandise from stores and ESPN refusing to show their badge as it depicts a Native American man.

So a new name is required?

Washington Swampers?
Washington Humids?
Washington Backhanders?
Washington Red Button On My Deskers?

Probably end up being something really really beige though

As a Redskins fan.. Wait...

As a fan of the NFL team from just outside Washington, I don't know what to make of this. Clearly the name is a racial slur. Clearly it's not great. But also clearly the board etc are only doing it because of the pressure from advertisers and sponsors and *their* support of the BLM movement, not through the wishes and actions of the board alone. It'll be interesting to see if anyone goes after the Chiefs to change their name once we've completed our change.

I did read one article which basically suggested this was also an opportunity to essentially build a new franchise, without changing location etc. and the whole rebrand would have likely been part of that should we ever have moved anyway, so who knows? I do question those mad 'supporters' who are stating their support for the football team has now ended because the name has changed. They're still gonna be (largely) the same players who have been very poor the last few seasons, playing in the same venue, in burgundy and gold. Absolutely bizarre.

Onwards and upwards (it's literally the only way)... HTT*

*Last letter TBC on announcement of new name.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
WASHINGTON SENTINELS!!!
Then they can bring back Keanu Reeves to play Shane Falco and sell replicas of his No.16 shirt.

OK if you've never seen The Replacements, this isn't going to make a lot of sense.