NFL 2020

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The problem with these guys is that the injury issues were not known in those days. I have provided film footage of players being obviously concussed and then going back into games.
The NFL has and will do anything to avoid paying out in these cases - their philosophy is sadly the longer they leave it, the more players will have died and hence the liability is less.
I have no sympathy with players who threw their money away on cars and luxuries etc but when you see the physical and mental impact on other people, then it really hits home.
My former radio show co-host in Tampa is now pretty much mentally gone through dementia caused on by concussions - he is 63 now and his health-care costs are huge annually.

I could be wrong but am sure I saw a programme a few years back where John Madden said “ there’s a differance between a player who is injured and who is hurt, a player who is injured cannot return to the field of play, where as if your hurt, run it off”. He went onto say that if his medical team said X player is injured he never went back on the field.
I think the problem with concussed players is that it was not fully understood back in the day. Or was it? Contact sports like rugby now have a very different view of concussion today to what they had a decade ago.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Very true Tashy. But the way the NFL just refuses to take any real kind of responsibility for these players' welfare now is disgusting. And unfortunately I see it all too often at first hand.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Stayed up as late as possible this morning, nearly went to bed after 1st quarter, Raiders and especially Carr were shocking

After that Carr when back to his "dink & dunk" comfort blanket, Waller what a beast, got to be one of the elite TE in the NFL now

"Vegas Baby"

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
RANDOM NFL IRRITATIONS - Combining an idea from this forum for a column I wrote this week

Although there are many great things about football, there are always enough others that cause irritation or frustration. I guess that is what social media is for.

Defensive players running the length of the field to pose for a group picture after an interception. Just why? Act like you have been there before. Remember the Super Bowl when the 49ers defense went the length of the field to pose in the endzone after a stop early in the fourth quarter? How did that work out guys?

Female sideline TV reporters - why always female and what do they honestly add to the coverage? It is sexist eye candy. Provide the injury updates and save the money on hairstyles and make-up.

The NFL scheduling of Sunday games - why 10 early games and two late ones? Why not share them around?

Color rush uniforms - they mostly look terrible and deserve to be binned along with Thursday night football when they normally appear. The Falcons’ new uniforms can be placed in the same trash can as the Bucs’ most recent ones although Atlanta’s jerseys do seemingly have a problem with getting too close to a ball during onside kicks.

Fans who complain and bitch about “every” call going against their team. No they do not.

Anyone who complains about the Michaels-Collingsworth or Buck-Aikman commentary crews - they are light years ahead of everyone else. And only marginally behind Tony Romo.

NFL pre-game shows. Who cares who is predicting what score? No-one ever remembers and none of them ever truly go out on a limb and predict a one-sided result. The features are either on Dallas, about Dallas or involving Dallas. Terry Bradshaw needs to be sent to the same retirement home as the Corpse of Dick Stockton and why someone with a track record as appalling as Michael Irvin has is given a national audience is totally beyond me.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve just been reading up on that Aldon Smith. He’s a bit of a character isn’t he! Not played an nfl game since 2015 until this season, commentator remarked it was because of legal issues ?

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Massive game tonight. I think the chiefs should have enough to beat the Ravens. Hope all the QB hype is warranted and the game is a gunslingers paradise

D

Deleted member 3432

Massive game tonight. I think the chiefs should have enough to beat the Ravens. Hope all the QB hype is warranted and the game is a gunslingers paradise

Jackson totally shut down by the Chiefs D.

Mahomes fastest to 10K passing yards.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
The Chiefs are just a machine!! They have such strength and talent on both sides of the ball. The Ravens defence isn't where it needs to be to win the Superbowl (nor is Seattle, Buffalo or Green Bay's) so I think that Kansas City must be confident about a repeat this year.

Injuries though across the board for so many teams. Practice squad rookies are getting game time so early. Guess that some of those who were waived earlier on must be sitting looking at their phones in anticipation.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Every NFL team is carrying an extended practice squad this season up from the previous 7 to 16. So players familiar with their team's playbooks can fit straight in rather than bring someone in off the street. In addition, teams can make two temporary promotions each week to the active roster. Any player on a practice squad can be claimed by another team and put straight on to their active roster.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Another random NFL irritation. It's DEFENSE not defence and SUPER BOWL not one word. Pet peeve of one of my editors in the States too.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have no idea how the Bucs are 3-1 with Brady at QB. He had 369 yards and five scores yesterday but was terrible. His receivers are bailing him out big-time and his arm strength is going down weekly. The pick six he threw was truly Winston-esque.