NFL 2020

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
New draft means a new year and I’m looking forward to seeing how things pan out.

Hoping that the Seahawks can get a few decent picks to get the defence bolstered. Edge/DE would be great

Looks like Joe Burrow will be the number 1 pick for sure by Cincinnati but Washington getting Chase Young is the pick of round 1 to me.

What are you hoping for in this draft and for the season?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I stayed up until the Bucs took a tackle as expected at 13 but seeing a whole bunch of friends of mine on the Buc fan board behind Roger Goodell was a major highlight especially as I was on-line with two of them at the time.

D

Deleted member 18588

Don Shula RIP. I never got to speak to the great man in person - the greatest coach who never cheated.

I remember dining in Shula's Steakhouse in Baltimore about 14 years ago having been to the American Sports Museum set in the home of the (then) Colts.

When I first started watching the NFL on TV Don Shula was a force at the Dolphins and the sort of character that got me hooked.

RIP

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Only coach to ever go unbeaten during a full season.

Not actually true - the 1934 and 1942 Chicago Bears, coached by George Halas also went undefeated. Shula's Dolphins were the only ones to do it in the Super Bowl era. Shula of course broke Halas' win record of 324 when Miami won in Philadelphia.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Not actually true - the 1934 and 1942 Chicago Bears, coached by George Halas also went undefeated. Shula's Dolphins were the only ones to do it in the Super Bowl era. Shula of course broke Halas' win record of 324 when Miami won in Philadelphia.
Didn’t know that.
All we really hear about now is the Super Bowl era and everything before that feels like it didn’t really count.

D

Deleted member 18588

Didn’t know that.
All we really hear about now is the Super Bowl era and everything before that feels like it didn’t really count.
Rather like football in this country.

Didn't exist prior to 1992.

Wolf

Visit site
Watched an interesting short documentary about Eli Manning/Phil Rivers draft and trade. Never actually knew that had happened. Just adds to my further dislike of Eli ?

Mandofred

Visit site
NFL has it's place....being from Washington state (not the other washington) I kind of root for the Seahawks...just because. But....like a lot of people. Football?? Really? Should be called something like Gladiator rugby.......or how to destroy your knees.....

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Quite happy with the Redskins draft. Chase Young was no suprise, and if he can behave himself and keep off the happy pills the Saadiq Chalrles could be a gret replacement for Trent Willimas in a couple of years

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Watched an interesting short documentary about Eli Manning/Phil Rivers draft and trade. Never actually knew that had happened. Just adds to my further dislike of Eli ?

If you go on YouTube, the full story of the 2004 draft is there "Caught in the draft" - very well put together piece. Eli and his old man Archie are a real pair of characters.