New WHS

wjemather

Visit site
Not really as it shows what your allowance is from your course handicap IMO
It seems to me that (without clarification) these tables could confuse matters as they don't take into account formats for which the playing handicap is unrounded prior to totalling, e.g. mixed-tee, foursomes, greensomes, scramble, etc.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
It seems to me that (without clarification) these tables could confuse matters as they don't take into account formats for which the playing handicap is unrounded prior to totalling, e.g. mixed-tee, foursomes, greensomes, scramble, etc.

Could well but if these comps are set up via the ISV players can see via app or psi exactly what they need to know for playing HC, I think the problems will occurs with the rules stating that course HC need to be on the card. My personal thought is that needs to change.

Swango1980

Visit site
Could well but if these comps are set up via the ISV players can see via app or psi exactly what they need to know for playing HC, I think the problems will occurs with the rules stating that course HC need to be on the card. My personal thought is that needs to change.
I agree. Howdidido tells players their playing handicap when they sign in to comp. As such, many bypass their Index and Course Handicap, and simply use the App to inform them what their handicap is in the competition.

I just hope the 3 handicap boxes in the card ensure they put their course handicap in. However, I don't think it will ever get through to some that they need to keep trying to hole out in Stableford if they have a shot left on course handicap, if they can no longer score in comp.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Totally agree and I have said that from the off.

The one constant wherever you play and whatever the format for the competition is your Handicap Index.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's made clear in the examples given in CONGU's guidance.
Do you mean this reference to Scotland?

G6.2a
Committees and players should follow the advice of their National Association in the use of the integer or full calculated Course Handicap in the calculation of the Playing Handicap. For GB&I, England, Wales and Ireland will be using the Rounded Course Handicap, whilst Scotland will be using the full calculated Course Handicap.

wjemather

Visit site
I would go for PHC myself.
But players must play to their CH for handicapping irrespective of their PH for the competition (or their HI). As such it is CH they need to know, and write on the scorecard

I've already picked up a couple of people about to knock away a short putt on their CH-only shot hole. More education needed.