New trews.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Am looking to find some trousers suitable for winter wear. What I'm after is something waterproof - or at least decently water resistant - that can be worn just as trousers. There's plenty of good overtrousers available, but they're just not comfortable to wear without something underneath - which for the most part means you just get too hot around the nethers. So just nice comfy trews that won't get too wet. Anyone got any recomendations or suggestions?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
ive got 2 main pairs i wear during the winter, Ping ones which are a little bit thinner for those warmer days, and nike ones which are a bit thicker for them bitter days, the nike ones have a nice little pocket down by your knee for change for the tee stall too, ill try and find the name/models of both, im looking for another set of nikes at the moment, their great and was about fifty sheets.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
Direct golf have the nike ones in for 40 quid, nearly bought a pair yesterday, were a good fit and felt really good quality

my Northern tightness prevented me from freeing the moths from my wallet tho

I just put my proquip bottoms over my trousers when its nippy, they weigh nothing and are windproof as anything (and breathable)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
gibbo, seriously, since buying the nikes i havent used my proquips.

Less to carry, one trews does all. best money i spent on the nike ones, may pop down to ag and see if they have anymore.

T

thecraw

Direct golf have the nike ones in for 40 quid, nearly bought a pair yesterday, were a good fit and felt really good quality

my Northern tightness prevented me from freeing the moths from my wallet tho

I just put my proquip bottoms over my trousers when its nippy, they weigh nothing and are windproof as anything (and breathable)

I'm the same, winter sees me live in my waterproof breeks. If its cold then long johns under them.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, are these Nike ones more trouser-like than your average waterproofs? At the moment, if its damp or light rain I wear my thin overtrews over LJs - but unless its really cold you get too hot. And tthe overtrews are too "nylony" to be pleasant to wear on their own.

Mr_T

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i just use my proquip waterproofs aswell, waterproof (obviously), breathable and warm, save yourself the money and just buy a nice pair of long johns :p

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have a look at the Ping Torsion model - they are waterproof, breathable and look like trousers, rather than waterproof over trousers - about 65quid

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
see I find long johns can be too warm, especially with this mild winter. Today was a little nippy at 1st so bunged on the pq's, after about 8 holes I felt a bit warm, whipped em off and finished in my normal trousers, if I had lj's on and it got a bit uncomfortable I would have to nip behind the tree's, whip my kecks off, lj's etc.. not a good look :)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I wish I did now as they looked good on aswell. Have you ever worn them in the warmer months or are they purely nippy only trousers?
I wear them in anything from -2 (few weeks back) up to mid teens 13/15* with no issues at all, they will take pretty heavy showers without letting any water through too.

if they day is assured heavy rain... i still dont bother with waterproofs and still just use these, not hot ans sweaty like waterproofs, but in my opinion just as good.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wear them in anything from -2 (few weeks back) up to mid teens 13/15* with no issues at all, they will take pretty heavy showers without letting any water through too.

if they day is assured heavy rain... i still dont bother with waterproofs and still just use these, not hot ans sweaty like waterproofs, but in my opinion just as good.
Any clues as to the model? Have just been looking at Nike stuff and am not sure I've seen the right ones yet

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
BWM, check out the links i posted, and the one gibbo posted. their £56 in AG, but £39 in DG, i know AG run a price match so if you have one near you it could be worth a visit.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got ya !

(A few crossed lines in the thread meant you'd replied whilst I was in the processing my last reply) Just seen them on amazon at £42.99 - a seller called Golfbase ??

Ta muchly